Discussion topic: Charged twice for a bill that i paid early

This message was authored by Tracey80 This message was authored by: Tracey80

Charged twice for a bill that i paid early

This service is wrong I paid my sky stream on the 8th November and been charged again the same amount of money on the16th and paid again 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Charged twice for a bill that i paid early

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's unnecessary and unwise to make manual payments for exactly that reason - it won't necessarily stop your direct debit being paid as well.

Once your Sky account shows you are in credit, we can arrange some help for you to request a refund, if you wish.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

It's unnecessary and unwise to make manual payments for exactly that reason - it won't necessarily stop your direct debit being paid as well.

Once your Sky account shows you are in credit, we can arrange some help for you to request a refund, if you wish.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Tracey80 

Bills are generated two weeks before the payment date. As @Mark39 has stated, if you have a continuous payment method set up you should never need to make a manual payment. A credit will appear on your account for the amount you have overpaid. This should automatically be used to pay your next bill so on that bill date no/less money should be taken from your account. I would suggest not making manual payments unless requested to by Sky. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Tracey80
Topic Author

I do this every now and then to keep ahead else sometimes I won't have the money for the dd 

Tracey80
Topic Author

Why does it always say not a sky employee 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Tracey80 wrote:

I do this every now and then to keep ahead else sometimes I won't have the money for the dd 

@Tracey80 

Unfortunately as @Mark39 has stated that is what happens. Our advice is leave your continuous payment method to work. 

What normally happens is if you have a Direct Debit set up and the payment fails on the normal payment date Sky will attempt it again 10 calendar days later.

(At this point don’t be tempted to make a manual payment as it's likely to go towards the following months bill, leaving your current bill unpaid and you subsequently restricted).

After 10 days, if that second automatic attempt also fails Sky may send a text and/or email notifying you that your payment has failed again and you then have a day or two before they restrict your services.

Restrictions are an automated process and we’ve been told Customer Service agents can’t stop it… even if you’re told otherwise.

Sky don’t allow payment plans (except on a legitimately closed account) or a promise to pay on or by a certain date. 

Sky customer since 2001
Tracey80
Topic Author

It helps sometimes not this 1

@Tracey80 wrote:

Why does it always say not a sky employee 

@Tracey80 

Because @Mark39 and myself are customers like you. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion