Discussion topic: Cannot cancel Paramount Plus

This message was authored by LannaPlanna This message was authored by: LannaPlanna

Cannot cancel Paramount Plus

Am trying to cancel my Paramount Plus subscription that I got through Sky but cannot do this anywhere.

The Paramount Plus site tells me I cannot cancel my subscription on the site but have to do it  through Sky and upon calling Sky the assistant tells me they cannot cancel the subscription as they can't see it on my account. I can't see it my account online either.

So far I have wasted 3 hours trying to sort this out.

Quite frankly this is looking like a Paramount Plus/ Sky scam to encourage signup to something you cannot cancel. Infuriating and currently feeling mugged off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Twe001 This message was authored by: Twe001 Answer

Re: Cannot cancel Paramount Plus

This is how I did it

My Sky

Your Products

App subscriptions

Current

Manage subscriptions 

Cancel

Hope this helps

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LannaPlanna 

If you are a Sky Movies subscriber then Paramount+ is free as you are not paying a separate subscription for it or are you saying Sky are billing you for it ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Demobhappy This message was authored by: Demobhappy

Having the exact same issue. And see lots people in the same boat.

My wife signed up to p+ and she is not the account holder on our sky but its still merged. I thought get sky movies deal with P+ attached and cancel her £6.99 pm subscription and save money.

Now sky say paramount and P+ HAS NOWHERE TO CANCEL AS THEY SAY SKY HOLDS THE DETAILS.

SKY say it has to be cancelled on P+ so the merry go round continues. 

Now waiting in P+ help desk to email back on how we can cancel. Total nightmare.

D. Cahill
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Are you being billed the £6.99 on your Sky bill here:

https://www.sky.com/manage/bill/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by onetruesource This message was authored by: onetruesource

I spent 30 mins trying to cancel this paramount. it is simple now I have found it. in the sky app on the TV (I use SkyStream) go to MySky/YourProducts/App subscriptions/Current/Manage subscription/Cancel

This message was authored by ClareJ20 This message was authored by: ClareJ20

Did you manage to cancel your subscription as I'm having the same problem. Can't cancel through sky she can't cancel through paramount!!

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

If you have Sky Cinema, Paramount is free and you can't cancel as there is no billing account linked to it. 

If you pay for it, then you need to cancel it through Paramount directly unfortunately. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Demobhappy This message was authored by: Demobhappy

I have tried. It was set up via sky I can see it on my account. Had to ask the bank to cancel it as paramount said go to sky and sky said go to paramount.

D. Cahill

Had to just cancel via the bank. It's a total joke.

D. Cahill
This message was authored by CD1976 This message was authored by: CD1976

I cancelled Sky Cinema months ago and can still access Paramount+ and have not been charged for it since  canceling Sky Cinema

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@CD1976 wrote:

I cancelled Sky Cinema months ago and can still access Paramount+ and have not been charged for it since  canceling Sky Cinema

You're lucky, then!

I had to cancel Sky Cinema which I was enjoying as Sky could not set up P+. I'm 100% sure this was due to the failure to cancel my wife's paid subscription which was taken via P+ but the billing showed Sky. Couldn't cancel it so had to go via the bank as both Sky and P+ refused to take responsibility.

Now Sky said take the offer with us and it will all be fine. The Sky rep said its a known issue and nothing can be done, so just cancel your Cinema and go get P+ if you want to finish Yellowstone. Really disappointed with the service, asking me to sort it out with P+ when so many have the same issue.

D. Cahill
This message was authored by Anji+T This message was authored by: Anji+T

Go to "My Sky" on your tv then "App Payments"  it will show all your app subscriptions. You can cancel it there. Took me ages to work it out.

Hi Anji, already tried this and it kept returning an error message. Never allowed me to cancel via the sky app section. 

Even took the advice that it might take 24 hours from sky but still no further forward.

Cheers

D. Cahill
This message was authored by ChristopherSteele This message was authored by: ChristopherSteele

Thank you for this info ! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion