This is how I did it

My Sky

Your Products

App subscriptions

Current

Manage subscriptions 

Cancel

Hope this helps

This message was authored by Demobhappy This message was authored by: Demobhappy

Re: Cannot cancel Paramount Plus

I did try this on my first attempt before contacting sky. I believe the issue is because my wife took P+ outwith the sky account although the question is a separate account became linked with my sky account and no same bank details are being used.

Hence the easy route is account holder signs up via Sky and all sky set top box actions are fit for purpose. But if you take via P+ then you are down a very different road.

D. Cahill
This message was authored by Lozza2023 This message was authored by: Lozza2023

Thank you so much, this has worked. 

This message was authored by maria.anne This message was authored by: maria.anne

Twe001  Thanks so muh this has actually WORKED !!!!!

This message was authored by Jackie+daytona This message was authored by: Jackie+daytona

It's actually in your products in my Sky. There is no app purchases option. If you go into your products it will show paramount plus click on it and unsuncribe. Total nightmare especially as sky themselves told me they can't cancel it and to contact paramount plus! 

This message was authored by Demobhappy This message was authored by: Demobhappy

I did try this on my first attempt before contacting sky. I believe the issue is because my wife took P+ outwith the sky account although the question is a separate account became linked with my sky account and diffrent bank details are being used.  So even though its linked sky can cancel it and paramount + can't be contacted.

Hence the easy route is account holder signs up via Sky and all sky set top box actions are fit for purpose. But if you take via P+ then you are down a very different road.

D. Cahill
This message was authored by Skyfire This message was authored by: Skyfire

I have tried via paramount plus and sky app and cannot cancel my paramount plus subscription. This is ridiculous, can anyone help?

This message was authored by Viperanna This message was authored by: Viperanna

This was helpful to get me to the area, but as soon as you click manage subscription it freezes. Tried it several times. Onky way to get out of it is to click the hone button. It's just another way to make you have to ring them up instead. Hate ringing them. Don't understand in this day and age you can't just buy and cancel what you want through the app?

This message was authored by MoAhmed1 This message was authored by: MoAhmed1

These sjy employees need training. Here's the instructions to cancel an app subscription:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-cancel-apps

This message was authored by Viperanna This message was authored by: Viperanna

Thanks for the post, but all sorted now and cancelled.

This message was authored by Keeraw This message was authored by: Keeraw

Thank you @onetruesource !! The key info here is ON YOUR TV. I saw someone else post this answer but I followed the steps on my computer and there was no option to manage the subscription even though I could see it. I think it has to be cancelled on WHATEVER DEVICE you added it. I added it in the TV app so had to cancel it there via the steps above.

This message was authored by kittylitter This message was authored by: kittylitter

I am having the same issue. The instructions online for cancelling it by going to My Products in My Sky section, doesn't work as My Products is no longer even an option shown there at all. They must have changed it recently.

The £6.99 charge is not shown on my SKY bill but comes out separately on a different date. If I login to my Paramount Plus account it says the subscription is through SKY. It's impossible to cancel this blasted thing! I've wasted so much time on this today and I'm very frustrated.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@kittylitter 

For Sky Stream puck or Sky Q - Press Home on your Sky remote, then select My Sky at the bottom of the screen.
You’ll then see a screen with your purchases. Select Your products. You’ll then be asked to enter your Sky TV PIN number.

Then follow the prompts to cancel.

In the Mysky app on a phone or tablet.

Go to the TV section, then My Bill section, there will be a section listed Marketplace, under that click on View subscriptions.

You will be able to cancel it there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by kittylitter This message was authored by: kittylitter

But I went to My Sky on my TV and there IS NO My Products menu option there. I looked in all the options like Billing that were there and even then it said they couldn't load the page right now due to some error. I kept trying them again and again but always got the error message. Definitely NO My Products menu option shown.   I'm stuffed 🤦‍♀️

I feel your pain. Trust me we tried everything and I'm tech savy. It's to do with the P+ being set up with P+ and they link it to the sky account.

That means sky don't have the right to cancel the token. So you can't contact P+ and sky can't help as the payment is not legally with them.  So it's sky's fault for accepting the application launch on the box, it should only be accessible on a sky box if the contract is through sky.  If you take it via P+ it should be accessible via your TV icon or a firestick ect.

D. Cahill

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion