Discussion topic: Cancelation question

This message was authored by FuriousD This message was authored by: FuriousD

Cancelation question

hello all,

Over the past couple of weeks i have been trying to sort out my TV package without much luck.  Tried online chat, offered something which wasnt good enough but the advisor put it on file.  Went back to live chat and the next person said that the previous person was wrong and shouldnt have offered that.

Tried calling on Monday, got through to someone quickly in the morning.  The systems were down couldnt access account or do anything, told to call back.  Call back about 3hrs later, same conversation.  Called back at just gone 5pm and 45 minute waiting time, my home phone went dead after 15 minutes.  Going to try and call again on Friday when i am at home.

In the meantime i have had the following come through:

Here's a summary of your Sky subscription changes:

Product Price                                      Change Per Month          Effective from

Sky Signature                                                     £2.00                    07/07/2024

Sky Kids                                                                 £1.00                    07/07/2024

Sky HD                                                                  £1.00                    07/07/2024

Sky Broadband Ultrafast 1                            £6.00                    07/07/2024

We hope you continue to use and enjoy Sky but if you're not happy with these changes, you can cancel your Sky Broadband by calling (removed). If you're within your minimum contract period, call us within 30 days of getting this email to avoid early termination charges. Unless you tell us otherwise, your Sky subscription will continue as usual.

I am out of contract with my TV and looking to leave anyway.  My broadband contract is up to November but this highlights i can cancel by calling the number,

Question is, when out of contract you contact your new provider and they do the rest, what happens when in contact and i call Sky to cancel my broadband..  There are obviously much better deals out there than what it is going up to.  Assume there are no fees as it states i can cancel if not happy

Would i keep my home phone number and is there likely to be a loss of service for a period of time.  Once cancelling with Sky I assume i then contact the new provider?

Been with Sky for 23 years and broadband for as long as i can remmeber.

Cheers

Moderator note: Removed phone number.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Cancelation question

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@FuriousD wrote:

Question is, when out of contract you contact your new provider and they do the rest, what happens when in contact and i call Sky to cancel my broadband..  There are obviously much better deals out there than what it is going up to.  Assume there are no fees as it states i can cancel if not happy

Would i keep my home phone number and is there likely to be a loss of service for a period of time.  Once cancelling with Sky I assume i then contact the new provider?

You'll need to contact Sky within 31 days of your increase notification to let them know you intend to switch to another provider. There shouldn't be an early termination charge.

You're normally able to keep your number if you're switching to a provider on the Openreach network, but not always. There should be minimal down time on the day of the switch, unless you're moving to a new full fibre connection.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion