Discussion topic: Cancel part of package

This message was authored by Ciara27 This message was authored by: Ciara27

Cancel part of package

I tried to cancel tv off my package as I've lost my job and just can't afford it anymore. I was still keeping my broadband. They won't allow me to do this as I am in a contract for a year.  They have no compasion for they're customers at all. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Cancel part of package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ciara27 

Unfortunately the answer you've received from Sky is correct based on the T's and C's you agreed to. The latest T’s and C’s explicitly state you can’t cancel when still in a minimum term deal unless Sky agree. If they had agreed you’d have had to pay the remainder of your discounted term in one transaction. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

Re: Cancel part of package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ciara27 Unfortunately Sky's TV contract T&C's do state if you are in a minimum term then you cannot cancel unless they agree to it, and recent posts suggest they are sticking quite hard to that condition.

You could try again to see if you get a different customer service agent who may agree to cancel, however be aware even if they do it will almost certainly involve early termination fees which would be very close to the full cost of the remaining contract.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion