Discussion topic: Cancel Sky Sports

This message was authored by RiverbraidHarry This message was authored by: RiverbraidHarry

Cancel Sky Sports

Hi Really Fed up with Sky Customer Services Last Month around June 18th 2024 I phone sky and asked them cancel my Sky sports package as want save money I had pay an extra £40 as I was in contract. My bill was around £150.00 so I paid to it to save money now they said have to wait 31 days before Canceled so they said be Canceled 19th July so I wait for that date so I check if still have the Sky sports channels and it still working  and my bill showing £140.00 so is not Canceled and I check my account on app and it shows still Subscription to Sky sports package.

So I phone Sky customer service and asked cancel again no mention that I had already Canceled so it cost me an extra £20.00 when I had already paid £40.00 to cancel. Now have to wait another 31 days see if they cancel it again. I cannot afford paying extra.

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Cancel Sky Sports

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RiverbraidHarry  if it doesn't cancel out this time round mine be best to raise a formal complaint 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@RiverbraidHarry  All cancellations are confirmed by email, if you don't receive any confirmation email, you need to assume the request has not been processed 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

RiverbraidHarry
Topic Author
This message was authored by RiverbraidHarry This message was authored by: RiverbraidHarry

Yes I got email but still not Canceled 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@RiverbraidHarry  if it doesn't cancel out this time round mine be best to raise a formal complaint 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-make-a-complaint

RiverbraidHarry
Topic Author

Ok thanks

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@RiverbraidHarry  Out of curiosity are you in or out of contract for sky sports? 

if you're in contract sky are within their rights to hold you to it and not allow cancellation 

edit just notice your were in contract, so a complaint giving full details including the point about paying early termination charges already might be the only way forward as sky seems to be holding you to the contract 

RiverbraidHarry
Topic Author

I paid the £40 to cancel my contract for sky sports as had few month left now forced pay an extra £20 to cancel again

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion