Discussion topic: Can't speak to a real person

This message was authored by Rustyl712 This message was authored by: Rustyl712

Can't speak to a real person

Hello, 

Due to personal circumstances  and a change in benefits over thr last dew months has led to payments being missed, and now we are restricted. 

I would like to actually speak to a real person to discuss this and resolve the matter. I have tried to contact someone directly for 2 months and I get shifted from pillar to post, which has led me here. I would like to know HOW I can speak to a person - an actual human being - so I can sort this matter out. 

Thanks to this matter - a lack of customer service- I will be leaving SKY and will not recommend them to anyone 

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Can't speak to a real person

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The issue you are having is that due to your account being restricted Sky will not usually talk to you until you pay what is owed so you will need to do this and setup a monthly payment method and only then will you be able to talk to Sky.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Rustyl712  the below information is skys standard policy on restricted accounts and is non negotiable 

If your account is restricted then unless you can get through via a number not linked to your account or by putting 141 before sky’s number then unfortunately you will need to do one of the following in order to remove the restrictions as sky won’t take your call until you do

1. Pay the outstanding balance in full (which you can do here https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/pay#M1014) and setup a new continuous payment method (which you can do here https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/change-payment-method#M1014) (services won’t be restored until the payment has cleared, so if payment is/was made on a weekend or bank holiday then it’s unlikely that payment will clear and services are restored until the next available working day)

Or

2. Pay all bar £25 (use the link posted above)(the unpaid £25 will be added to the next bill) and setup a new continuous payment method (use the link posted above) (services won’t be restored until the payment has cleared, so if payment is/was made on a weekend or bank holiday then it’s unlikely that payment will clear and services are restored until the next available working day)

Two important points about option 2

1. There is no guarantee that it will work as it depends on payment history

2. It is not applicable to mobile accounts

If your more than two weeks late in paying sky will insist on you paying next months bill in advance as well before restoring services

It is also important to note that sky don’t do payment plans I’m afraid (except on a legitimately closed account)

If you disagree with the billed amount it’s advised to pay it first to get service restored then you will be able to contact sky to dispute it and should sky agree an error has been made they will refund any overpayment

important note: if no payment is made within 56 days of payment due date of the last unpaid bill, Sky could cancel your account automatically.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Rustyl712 wrote:

I will be leaving SKY and will not recommend them to anyone 

You cannot cancel your contract whilst in debt.

As already noted, you need to pay the outstanding balance to restore your services and to speak to them.  Without payment they may eventually instigate debt collection activity.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Rustyl712 wrote:

I have tried to contact someone directly for 2 months and I get shifted from pillar to post, which has led me here. 

@Rustyl712 

Unfortunately if payments have been missed for 2 months and you have been in arrears for 56+ days Sky may very well terminate your subscription due to your payment history regardless of the reasons. Of course you would still owe the arrears. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Rustyl712 wrote:

I would like to actually speak to a real person to discuss this and resolve the matter.

The reality is there's no need to discuss it with Sky, which is why you can't speak to an adviser. The only resolution is to settle the amount outstanding.

This message was authored by Azhda This message was authored by: Azhda

Hi 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Azhda wrote:

Hi 

@Azhda 

Do you have a question for fellow customers? 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by matty27 This message was authored by: matty27

i need setting up need a engernear

What needs setting up? You can't arrange an engineer via the forum but if you provide more information we'll try to help. 

Sky customer since 2001

i have no clue what to do they left kit and i cant connect at all

@matty27 wrote:

i have no clue what to do they left kit and i cant connect at all

@matty27 

You have added to a thread on the Accounts & Billing board so we have no idea what kit you're referring to. Broadband, Sky TV? 

Sky customer since 2001

full packege.wi fi.everything

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@matty27 wrote:

@matty27 Your not making it easy to help you, which service are you subscribed to? And please don't just Say Sky TV.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@matty27 wrote:

If it's a Sky Streaming Puck you've signed up to, connect it up to your tv and the mains tuen follow the on screen instructions. 

For broadband ('wifi') you can find set up instructions here: https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/sky-broadband-equipment/sky-hub/setting-up-my-sky-hub/articl...

For anything else, ypu'll have to be clearer with what you mean.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion