Discussion topic: Can i claim direct debit guarentee

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Can i claim direct debit guarentee

Cutting a very long story short, an engineer offered 2 months free cinema which he applied but it didnt work so he told me to ring sky, rang sky and the man said he can only add 1 month free which he did. I triple checked as didnt want to pay/subscribe to cinema and he reassured, checked sky app aftwr and bill still same (due in 5 days) but other months cinema is added but i can cancel that)  4 days later (today) i get a notification saying payment recieved for tommorow (will leave my bank tommorow) and ive been charged £22 extra for the 'free' cinema!? Over hour call with sky and noone can refund me, just credit next bill even thp wxplained i need it for other bills.

Am i able to claim it on direct debit guarantee? As theyve taking extra money without consent. They offer somthing free then charge me for it and refuse to refund?! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Can i claim direct debit guarentee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If a credit has been applied to your next bill then that should be able to be refunded so when this is showing on your account after tomorrow then post back on here as we can alert the messaging team who should be able to refund this to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

If a credit has been applied to your next bill then that should be able to be refunded so when this is showing on your account after tomorrow then post back on here as we can alert the messaging team who should be able to refund this to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Topic Author

The credit for next months bill is already showing on next months bill, but explained to the man i need the extra money theyve charged me back in my account for other bills but they said theres no way round it, i just wondered if this qualifies ringing the bank to get it refunded under the direct debit guarantee. As this seems the quicker way as man on phone said i have to wait till sunday to speak to his manager about the overcharge 🙄

Topic Author

If anyone knows how to delete my post (this one) please let me know, i think i have my answer now so would rather delete thred. Thankyou!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Anonymous wrote:

If anyone knows how to delete my post (this one) please let me know, i think i have my answer now so would rather delete thred. Thankyou!

You would need to send a private message to one of the Community Managers to request that

You can remove your Community profile,  however,  if you wish.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:close-account

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion