Discussion topic: Bizarre website behaviour?

This message was authored by Chris290668 This message was authored by: Chris290668

Bizarre website behaviour?

Wasn't sure where to place this as there isn't a forum for the website.

Since yesterday whislt browsing the Sky website on Edge browser it starts off on the UK page but as soon as you change pages it goes to the ROI (Ireland) site.  You can see it in the lkink in the Browser.  I click the flag at the bottom back to UK but again as soon as page changes I am back on the Irish site.  I'm in Englan so find this rather bizarre, never happened before.  Strangely if I access from Chrome  all seems to be fine so not sure if it is a Sky issue or browser issue?  Deleted history, cookies etc but no change.  Anyone else have this?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Bizarre website behaviour?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chris290668 it does sound like a cache issue. When you cleared your cookies etc. did you first close all open Sky websites?

Try Edge's private/privacy/incognito mode which doesn't make use of cookies.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Chris290668 it does sound like a cache issue. When you cleared your cookies etc. did you first close all open Sky websites?

Try Edge's private/privacy/incognito mode which doesn't make use of cookies.

Chris290668
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chris290668 This message was authored by: Chris290668

You Sir are a genius.  Was getting some error messages as well.    Tried the Privacy mode and that worked.  Then signed out, closed all windows and cleared cookies etc again and that seems to have done the trick.  Must have just cleared them when signed in before.  Thank you.

This message was authored by Patr53 This message was authored by: Patr53

Re: Bizarre website behaviour? opposite here. Clock for roi Ireland site and keep getting the UK one

Re: Bizarre website behaviour? opposite here. Click for roi Ireland site and keep getting the UK one

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Bizarre website behaviour? opposite here. Clock for roi Ireland site and keep getting the UK one

@Patr53 

Is it set to ROI at the bottom right of the page ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion