Discussion topic: April and out of contract rise.

This message was authored by Hoppy22 This message was authored by: Hoppy22

April and out of contract rise.

I have had Sky TV for 28 yrs, when i first bought Sky TV,  it was £19.99p a month for all channels, sports, movies tv, ect, and not such a thing as box office,  and have been an avid sports fan all these years,  now Sky has finally put Sky Sports beyond my state pension budget, with a April and end of contract rise of £10 a month, £120 a year is a lot from a state pension, so will now have to cancel my Sports subscription, a loyalty offer  would have been nice, i wonder out of curiosity, how much i have paid to Sky over my 28years.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: April and out of contract rise.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you tried negotiating a discount offer with Sky?

You may be able to recover more than the £10 increase by committing to an 18 months deal (subject, of course, to another price rise next April)

Hoppy22
Topic Author

Would it be better waiting to nearer the end of my contact,  about the middle of May ?

Hoppy22
Topic Author

Need contact number

What was the cancellation teams number ?

Moderator note: Changed title to reflect topic more.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Yes, give them a call during the last month of your current contract. Speak to the cancellations team, whether or not you ultimately intend to cancel and ask what they can do for you as you're on a fixed income. Don't necessarily accept the first offer! Be prepared to hang up and try again if necessary.

Hoppy22
Topic Author

Thanks for the advice Mark, appreciated.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Incredibly helpful

@Hoppy22 

There's no direct number. You can call Sky free by dialling 150 from a Sky Talk landline or a Sky Mobile, otherwise you can use:
https://www.sky.com/help/home
UK customers: Scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0333 number.
ROI customers: change the flag in the bottom right corner of the link to the ROI flag then scroll down and click on ‘Need more help’ and it provides a 0818 number.
(The forum doesn’t allow us to type the numbers in full).

You will find that similar to calling other large companies the start will be automated which may also try to send you back to the forum. Stay on the line as long as possible and don’t hang up.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion