Discussion topic: 23 pound payment for new customer that sky wont answer what its for

Johnskilton1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Johnskilton1 This message was authored by: Johnskilton1

Sky puck

As I'm currently a sky puck user I hate the fact that sky doesn't tell you that to use the puck you have to have it wired by etherenet cable 

Alot of people I know there hubs are a considerable distance from there tv which means they can't watch it till they have the required lenth of cable 

Just another thing they forget to mention on sign up 

Plus the fact that if you get the so called free netflix with ya puck it comes with adverts but sky being the money making machine that it is will charge me to get rid of the adverts which will push my bill up even more 

It's shocking that such a large company will charge to get rid of adverts 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Sky puck

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Johnskilton1 wrote:

As I'm currently a sky puck user I hate the fact that sky doesn't tell you that to use the puck you have to have it wired by etherenet cable 

Alot of people I know there hubs are a considerable distance from there tv which means they can't watch it till they have the required lenth of cable 

This is completely inaccruate. The Sky streaming service does work with Wifi, providing your Wifi network has a consistantly strong signal. There are plenty of customers on this forum who use Wifi for their Stream/Glass device and have no issues. Ultimately there are a lot of different reasons why a Wifi signal's strength can be impacted, all of which are not in Sky's control.

Plus the fact that if you get the so called free netflix with ya puck it comes with adverts but sky being the money making machine that it is will charge me to get rid of the adverts which will push my bill up even more 

The decision to include adverts in their tiers was a Netflix decision. In fact Sky customers have been able to stay on the older legacy Netflix tiers for longer than direct Netflix customers, as Netflix only enforced the change on Sky back in December for new customers, or customers making changes to their Sky accounts. 

Equally the decision over which tier to be included in the "free" offering provided by Sky, isn't purely a Sky decision. It would require an agreement from both Netflix and Sky, and in reality which the price of the "no advert" tier in Netflix, in order for Sky to be able to get a commercial agreement with Netflix, it would likley cost substantially Sky more per customer than they are paying Netflix now, which would have meant an even bigger increase on the Sky packages that include Netflix.

To remove ads from Netflix you have to upgrde to the more expensive Netflix tier, that money is going straight to Netflix, not Sky. Ad free tiers are now the premium offering for virtually all the big streaming services now (Paramount + is introducing this later this year in the UK, Netflix, Amazon, ITV X, Disney already have a premium ad-free tier).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Johnskilton1 wrote:

You don't have to. Mine works fine over wifi. Network power adaptors are an alternative to fully cabled.

It's Netflix that charge more for the no ads option.

Johnskilton1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Johnskilton1 This message was authored by: Johnskilton1

@Mark39

Your a superuser your oppion is biast as you receive privileges from sky 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Johnskilton1 wrote:

@Mark39

Fact, not opinion.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Johnskilton1 wrote:

@Mark39

What a load of nonsense.

I like how converastions always end with these types of responses when factual corrections have been made to peoples "arguments", which they cannot counter.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Johnskilton1 Let me get this straight, just because someone doesn't agree 100% with you they are biased? and even moreso if they are a superuser because you believe they receive benefits from Sky?

Well i am a superuser here and i receive zero benefits from Sky, im technically not even a Sky customer as i only use NowTV, so does that still make my opinion or facts biased? im guessing it will because your stuck on that particular hill.

Like it or not people will disagree with you, they will offer facts that are 100% correct that prove yours wrong and you are free to carry on your particular path with blinkered view, but stop throwing out accusations of biased behaviour when its anything but that.

Edit, i see the tinfoil hat now and thats all i need to know, might be time to stop communicating in anyway with the OP as they clearly are now just interested in provoking a reaction.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion