Discussion topic: Where is The Rookie S5 E5?

This message was authored by KEVOM+HACKNEY This message was authored by: KEVOM+HACKNEY

Re: The Rookie

The missing episode of The Rookie ,series 5 , episode 5 has just become available on 

Sky , Catch Up TV ! 

11 days after it was first broadcast in HD !

Well done SKY !!!!

This message was authored by DFordy76 This message was authored by: DFordy76

Re: Where is The Rookie S5 E5?

I tried downloading to the box via the sky go app, that appears to have worked. We'll see if this weeks recordings work. 

This message was authored by stevefocus This message was authored by: stevefocus

Have the same issue.

This message was authored by GemBass This message was authored by: GemBass

I still cannot get Episodes 5 & 6, can anyone help?

This message was authored by stevefocus This message was authored by: stevefocus

I had to go to my sky + app on my iPad and send record request on there to my box, that worked but only in HD  not UHD. Even tried rebooting Sky Q box but that didn't do anything.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GemBass wrote:

I still cannot get Episodes 5 & 6, can anyone help?

@GemBass 

Did you try the link I posted earlier ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

the scheduled recording of episode 7 didn't record. Come on someone at sky needs to sort this out. Why is it only the Rookie this is happening with?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

My ep7 did record, but it got put in a stack with Rookie Feds that recorded this week.

That is not right.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

My recording didn't even start, I had to do it manually. It's can't be a hardware issue, it's one show on one channel across multiple users. I can't even get repeat showings to record.

Does anyone from sky respond on here?

This message was authored by BJQ1972 This message was authored by: BJQ1972

All of the episodes of The Rookie have been uploaded correctly, as far as i can tell, ususally sometime after the 2am showing. the problem is someone at Sky doesn;t know the difference betwwen The Rookie, and The Rookie: Feds, and this is causing all sorts of problems with planner stacking, Voice searches etc.

To download the UHD version of the Rookie, I need to delete any HD versions that i've recorded - some of them may be listed in the planner as Rookie: Feds - once they are deleted, I do a voice search for The Rookie, and it's been there every time.

the rookie isn't showing past episode 6 when invoice search. And all attempts to record fail. They don't even fail, they just don't happen. No recording failed message, it's like they were never asked for. The issue has to be at sky's end. Why only the rookie though?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@DFordy76 wrote:

Why only the rookie though?

Each individual item of content, and every series (and season of that series) carries a metadata package so that it can be discovered by the various Sky platforms.  When this data gets messed up or is formulated incorrectly to start with, specific problems with that particular content emerge.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Yeah I understand that, but how does that stop a scheduled recording or even a download? Yet the sky go download option works...

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

E7 recorded for me, in a stack with 5 & 6. 1-4 are in a stack with the rest of S4 that we're making our way though.

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion