Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by EYPATTY This message was authored by: EYPATTY

Tennis on sky in 24

Does anyone know which sky  channel tennis will be shown in 24 and whether it will be dedicated channel

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky sports press release just published 

http://www.skysports.com/share/13059433 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

The most up to date position is https://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/13028211/tennis-in-2024-when-is-the-new-season-how-to-wa...

It doesn't state specifically that there will be a dedicated channel for the tennis but with 80 tournaments during the season and 4,000 matches , who knows

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

The adverts currently running sort of imply that there will be a Sky Sports Tennis channel. Whether this will be a completely new channel or a rebrand like Sky Sports Darts currently is we'll have to wait and see. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by tweetSP0RT This message was authored by: tweetSP0RT

I've seen elsewhere that the dedicated channel won't start until Indian Wells in March so it might a bit of hunting around the channels in the meantime.  

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

This link may be of use there is coverage of an event starting New Year's Eve the main channels being sky sports mix and arena alongside main event 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/tennis-on-sky

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Trips+out This message was authored by: Trips+out

Hi all

I just looked up on the tennis for next week on my sky Q box and states that the WTA & ATP Brisbane will be on tongther. This suggests to me that there might be studio coverage.

This message was authored by darrenly2020 This message was authored by: darrenly2020

W T A TENNIS 2024

WILL THERE BE A SEPERATE CHANNEL FOR TENNIS OR IS IT JUST ON THE SKY SPORTS PACKAGE DONT WANT TO PAY £18 POUNDS AS ONLY WANT THE TENNIS

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: W T A TENNIS 2024

@darrenly2020 

I've moved your post into a thread already discussing tennis coverage in 2024. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by RW62XXX This message was authored by: RW62XXX

How will tennis coverage work from 2024?

Do you need sky sports? Will you be able to just get tennis at discounted rate? Is it just on sky sports? How do you get to watch the matches you want? US open needed discovery plus sports. Surely we don't need this too? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: How will tennis coverage work from 2024?

@RW62XXX 

Your post has been moved to a topic already discussing this so if you go back up the page and then read down that is everything that is known at present.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Re: How will tennis coverage work from 2024?

@RW62XXX wrote:

Do you need sky sports? Will you be able to just get tennis at discounted rate? Is it just on sky sports? How do you get to watch the matches you want? US open needed discovery plus sports. Surely we don't need this too? 

You shouldn't have needed discovery + for us open.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by tennisfan This message was authored by: tennisfan

Tennis on demand not just live

Hi. Can someone please tell me before I purchase Sky Sports via the Now TV app, whether I will be able to watch all tennis matches on demand /video as Amazon Prime showed them. I bought Sky in 2023 for the US Open and they only showed live matches and one match of their choice per day on demand. Some of the other matches they're just showed a few minutes highlights. That's no good to me. I never watch tennis live and for the Australian season of course live matches are being played during the night in the UK. TK u!

This message was authored by Martym890 This message was authored by: Martym890

Re: Tennis on demand not just live

@tennisfan 

Sky sports don't offer an on demand/instant replay  currently. I believe this will also apply to their tennis  coverage as they haven't said otherwise.

So you will have to watch full matches live or not at all -  unless they repeat a particular match later on the tv platform. There may be short highlights though next day of some matches - but no more than a few minutes. 

So it is rather different to Amazon prime's coverage - where you could rewind to the start of live matches, move backwards/forwards during a match and also watch a match on demand within minutes of it ending. Not exactly ideal for the upcoming tennis coverage from Australia and NZ where most matches will take place live during the night. So you either watch at 3am live - or miss out.

I could say more but I will leave it at that!

EYPATTY
Topic Author
This message was authored by EYPATTY This message was authored by: EYPATTY

I'm guessing that you mean you have to watch it live on the NOW app. If you have the sky sports subscription you can record everything during the night and watch the following day as you do everything else but I'm guessing you'll only get the big matches, not like amazon prime. 

This message was authored by Martym890 This message was authored by: Martym890

Well of course you can record a live tv channel such as sky sports arena overnight.  But as its tennis with matches having uncertain starting times you might well have to record the entire overnight coverage to see the one match you want and then spend ages fast forwarding to find the match you want to watch it - including the lengthy talking head sessions we got potentially during the US open when they could have been showing live tennis from other courts.. And I don't think you can record drop down multi court coverage on Sky Q/Glass and you certaintly can't record multi court on the Sky sports app - so unless your preferred matches are on the main/centre court or involve a Brit it probably won't work.

With Amazon you could just log in click directly on the match you want watch on catch up, click if you say want to fast forward it to near the end and it would be there for days. So no need to clog up your Sky box with hours of matches you don't want to see.

Maybe sky will join other providers in offering an equivalent catch up service in future - but they don't as of now. And I don't mean 3 minutes highlights of selected matches next day  - as opposed to full coverage of every match live and immediately on catch up.

Sky is the only option though - certainly for the wta tour. So we must make the best of it!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion