Discussion topic: Re-arrange the tv guide so HD is default (or allow users to do this)

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Re-arrange the tv guide so HD is default (or allow users to do this)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Who are you replying to @Swansearabman as these are old posts ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

BBC One HD and Channel 4 HD cannot be on channels 101 and 104 as the SD version are local to your area. 

If we take the Central Midlands region as an example:
101 - BBC One SD (West Midlands)

102 - BBC Two HD (Network / Eng & Scot)
103 - ITV HD (Central West)

104 - Channel 4 SD - (Midlands advertising region)

105 - Channel 5 HD 

[...]

115 - BBC One HD - (Generic - London version with no local news)

[...]

138 - Channel 4 HD (London advertising region)

For the Cental Midlands area, there is no HD regional version of BBC One or Channel 4 as of yet.

It's the same in Ireland, with HD channels in the 340-349 as there is no HD version with Ireland regional adverts;

110 - Gold SD

112 - Comedy Central SD

114 - Sky Comedy SD

125 - Discovery Channel SD

126 - MTV SD

136 - E4 SD

137 - More4 SD

142 - BBC Two SD (Northern Ireland)

151 - E! SD

[...]

340 - Gold HD

341 - Comedy Central HD

342 - Sky Comedy HD

343 - Discovery Channel HD

344 - MTV HD

345- E4 HD

346 - More4 HD

347 - BBC Two HD (Network / England & Scotland)

348 - E! HD

Topic Author

@oj01 wrote:
  • BBC Scotland HD is on 115.

Not in England 

In Scotland, BBC One HD Sotland is on channel 101 and BBC Scotland is on channel 115 with BBC One (Generic - London version with no regional news) is on channel 976.

In England, BBC Scotland HD is on channel 951

This message was authored by AMKC12 This message was authored by: AMKC12

Why would want to do that? The HD channels are a load of **bleep**. They should all be cancelled. I would expell everyone if them from my Sky Box if I could. I hate them.  They make my box crash. 

I watched the other Normal format fir years and never had a problem with the channels. The First 600 channels should be delivered SD then put that other stupid HD after that if you want as I have zero interest in the stupid HD channels.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@AMKC12 wrote:

Why would want to do that? The HD channels are a load of **bleep**. They should all be cancelled. I would expell everyone if them from my Sky Box if I could. I hate them.  They make my box crash. 

If they make your box 'crash', there's a fault with your setup.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@AMKC12  Just because you don't watch anything in HD doesn't mean sky will rearrange them just for you.

As per @Mark39  if these channels crash your box then there is an issue with the setup nyou have, have you spoken to Sky?  As this would be the most logical step to this issue being resolved.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@AMKC12 wrote:

I watched the other Normal format fir years and never had a problem with the channels. The First 600 channels should be delivered SD then put that other stupid HD after that if you want as I have zero interest in the stupid HD channels.

Yikes. How do you feel about UHD? 😬

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@AMKC12 wrote:

Don't let LGuser hear you say that... 😂

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@Doc5907 wrote:

@AMKC12 wrote:

Don't let LGuser hear you say that... 😂

What I don't get is people who have a problem with Sky and do absolutely nothing about it and then complain because it's not working. If it was me, I'd be contacting Sky to get my service sorted.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@LGUser wrote:

What I don't get is people who have a problem with Sky and do absolutely nothing about it and then complain because it's not working. If it was me, I'd be contacting Sky to get my service sorted.

Totally agree, and it has been pointed out to the user above..

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We welcome healthy debate from all angles, however can we be mindful of the Community Guidelines please.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
Topic Author

I would like to reiterate what I've said previously in this post, some HD channels are not default because there's no regional localisaton for that HD channel. 

UK examples include:

• BBC One SD (England regions) on channel 101
    • BBC One HD (network version, no local news) on channel 115
  • ITV SD (Channel Is.) on channel 103
    • ITV HD (London) on channel 176. 
  • Channel 4 SD (North) on channel 104
    • Channel 4 HD (London) on channel 138

Ireland examples include: 

• GOLD SD (Ireland adverts) on channel 110
    • GOLD HD (UK adverts) on channel 340
  • Comedy Central SD (Ireland adverts) on channel 112)
    • Comedy Central HD (UK adverts) on channel 341.
  • Sky Comedy SD (Ireland adverts) on channel 114.
    • Sky Comedy HD (UK adverts) on channel 342
  • Discovery Channel SD (Ireland adverts) on channel 125
    • Discovery HD (UK adverts) on channel 343
  • MTV SD (Ireland adverts) on channel 126
    • MTV HD (UK adverts) on channel 344
  • E4 SD (Ireland adverts) on channel 136
    • E4 HD (UK adverts) on channel 345
  • More4 SD (Ireland adverts) on channel 137
    • More4 HD (UK adverts) on channel 346
  • BBC Two SD (Northern Ireland) on channel 142
    • BBC Two HD (England & Wales) on channel 347
  • E! SD (Ireland adverts) on channel 151
    • E! HD (UK adverts) on channel 348

So, it's down to Ofcom or the broadcaster saying they want the SD version, (more likely) the local version more prominent and up higher in the EPG than a less, non-local version. 

I've noticed that on Sky Glass, this is not the case, nor is there a need for localisation, well specifically for in Ireland as the Ireland variant of the channels mentioned above are not present on Sky Glass and the UK adverts version that are in HD are the "default". 

Topic Author

@AMKC12 wrote:

You need to be aware, you're on a forum with the majority of people are customers of Sky, just like you. 
I don't need to tell you anything, but I would like to suggest a resolution to your issue. I understand you are frustrated, but being arrogant will get you nowhere. 

If your box crashes while watching HD channels, this could be a result of an error or with your box or the software is corrupted. As this is an old post, I'm assuming it's a Sky Q box.  

I'm quite sure that if your box is faulty, that a replacement Sky Q box could be arranged for you though Sky.

I remember a few years ago, Sky sent a software update to Sky Q boxes which caused them to freeze and crash. I needed to call Sky,  where they arranged an engineer to replace the Sky Q box for me, free of charge. I can only guess that this may be the cause of you issue. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion