Discussion topic: does anyone know where i get series 9 and 10 of Highway Thru Hell, it disappeared from Sky History

This message was authored by Trevormm This message was authored by: Trevormm

does anyone know where i get series 9 and 10 of Highway Thru Hell, it disappeared from Sky History

Need to download, stream or buy dvd if it's possible, i have multi region DVD player

All Replies

Trevormm
Topic Author

Re: does anyone know where i get series 9 and 10 of Highway Thru Hell, it disappeared from Sky Histo

Are there no other "Highway Thru Hell" fans out there, i surely can't be the only one on this forum?

Bizarre!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: does anyone know where i get series 9 and 10 of Highway Thru Hell, it disappeared from Sky Histo

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I am a fan as well but hadn't even noticed it hadn't been broadcast. My guess is that Sky no longer have the rights to it but to be sure you could send an email to the Viewer Relations team at Sky to see what they reply with. This is their email address - viewerR@sky.uk

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Trevormm
Topic Author

Already done all that, got a text (eventually) from sky support saying the agreement terms ended and that it would be available on various other platforms like amazon, netflix, itunes etc etc, which it isn't, i've tried to find the series (9&10) on ALL the other platforms i have or have access to, but no-one has 9 & 10, so i emailed discovery in canada (series 9) it was on there in Sept 2020, but they couldn't even bother to reply, tried Discovery + here in UK, just received another (2nd) email from them saying something about a different program (highway to hell), didn't seem to understand it was NOT that series. In desperation i tried to email GreatPacificMedia who make it and they replied that it was available on Itunes, which it isn't, i've talked to Itunes Support and they only have series 1, still awaiting another reply from GPM but getting very hacked off with the whole thing, i might email (or phone)Jamie Davis and explain it all to him and see if he can help, all i want to do is watch the thing especially after seeing the series 9 trailers, exiting!

any thoughts?

regards

Trevormm

PS: there must be hundreds or even thousands of UK fans that are missing out on this, VERY POOR FROM SKY!

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Just as general, I find JustWatch . Com to be a good site for things like this. There can be errors.

From JustWatch, I think production company  being on iTunes is for Canada where all 10 seasons are on itunes

For most other countries, there is nothing, unfortunately 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

@Trevormm wrote:

VERY POOR FROM SKY!

It is nothing to do with Sky if they don't have the rights.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Trevormm
Topic Author

Hi Nolte, thanks for your input, correct me if i'm wrong but is'nt Justwach.com using recordings on other peoples computers?

I did look at this but decided it is a risky way to watch things.

regards

Trevmm

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@Trevormm wrote:

Hi Nolte, thanks for your input, correct me if i'm wrong but is'nt Justwach.com using recordings on other peoples computers?

I did look at this but decided it is a risky way to watch things.

regards

Trevmm

JustWatch is perfectly legal and has nothing to do with "recordings on other peoples computers."

You just need to set up it and tell it what legal streaming services you have access to or want to be able to search. 

It's purely a search tool and if you find what you want to watch it will open the relevant streaming service for you to start watching or to purchase if you wish.  

Trevormm
Topic Author

Caesarome, I don't really see that your reply makes any real sense,

Perhaps you should go and work for them! 

regards

Trevmm

Note: I am a SKY VIP and have been a customer for almost 30 years.

Trevormm
Topic Author

Fizzdisco, thanks i'll look into it a bit more

regards

Trevmm

I quoted your post where you said it was poor service from Sky but as they no longer have the rights then I was pointing out thst they can not be blamed because in the world of tv rights broadcasters like Sky don't get to keep rights to shows like this forever, even less now there are streaming sites like Disney+ and Netflix around.

Trevormm
Topic Author

Caesarome, yes i appreicate that, my post was saying they were poor because no one there seemed to know or be able to find out, that they no longer took the rights for it or could be bothered to tell me over many, many months of asking, the final text i got last month was a surprise and probably due to the last person i talked to at sky actually getting an answer, who i would thank if the message had allowed me to. 

regards

Trevmm

This message was authored by Matt+The+Muppet This message was authored by: Matt+The+Muppet

I love the show, season 11 is due soon and we still haven't seen season 9 in uk, I would love to know why also

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion