Discussion topic: If you like SFX.....

This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

If you like SFX.....

..... then you will probably like Light & Magic on Disney+. It's a 6-part documentary directed by Lawrence Kasdan about George Lucas' SFX company, Industrial Light & Magic. 

I've seen the first 2 episodes so far & it is really interesting. There is a huge amount of archive footage as well as interviews in the present day with the people who were there at the beginning. Well worth watching if you have any interest in this side of the film business.

All Replies

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: If you like SFX.....

100% agree. It's an excellent series - essential viewing for anyone of a certain age who grew up obsessed with Star Wars... 

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Watched the first episode and really enjoyed it, thanks for the recommendation @merv60 👍🏻

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
merv60
Topic Author
This message was authored by merv60 This message was authored by: merv60

I finished watching this today, what a superb documentary series it has been. So glad someone had the foresight to document what was going on in the early days of ILM. 

However, I don't think I will ever be able to watch the Millennium Falcon steer its way through an asteroid field again without thinking of potatoes. If you haven't watched the series I bet that's got you wondering.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion