Discussion topic: Pride content not suitable for children

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Pride content not suitable for children

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nunnio wrote:

Not just Sky. Not a fan of an ideology that provides sexual content to children.

They don't.  It's provided to adults who don't have to view it, of course.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Nunnio wrote:

Ever seen a pride march? All welcome? Family friendly!

I don't think Sky is proposing such a march gets routed through your living room.  Might be fun, though...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Nunnio wrote:

Not just Sky. Not a fan of an ideology that provides sexual content to children. 

That is simply untrue, none of the pride content is aimed at children and suggesting it is is frankly outrageous.

The only people(a term I use very loosely) that I have seen use that statement are those who cannot tolerate anyone who isn't straight, and that's abhorrent.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Can you re-arrange/change some of the words in your post so that i and possibly others can understand it,  thanks

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

But you are OK with a straight couple?

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990
This message was authored by 2cool4skool This message was authored by: 2cool4skool

Hi 

It has now been removed from the Homepage. Thank God.

I did complain to SkyHelpTeam on twitter. I get the feeling they got a lot of complaints.

Sky customers should be able to customise the content they want to see on the Homepage 

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

One of today's top picks is "Pride: From Above" and the image shows a waterfall illuminated by coloured lights. Outrageous! Won't someone think of the children!!!

(Hopefully it's not necessary but just to confirm, the above is sarcasm)

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@xenon81 wrote:

One of today's top picks is "Pride: From Above" and the image shows a waterfall illuminated by coloured lights. Outrageous! Won't someone think of the children!!!

😁😁😁

I'm sure somebody will find something in it to complain about. It's got the word 'pride' in it for a start.....

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

@2cool4skool wrote:

Hi 

I get the feeling they got a lot of complaints.

Perhaps you need to get out more?

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Claire8411108 wrote:

The first thing I saw when turning on my SKY glass TV this morning was pride content. I do not know how to hide this. Can someone tell me how please? There are impressionable young children in the house and the fact I cannot remove the sexual preferences of an adult worries me. 

(removed)

Sexual preference? As an LGBTQIA+ person, I'm actually shocked, offended and saddened that people like you still exist. Do you think Pride is all about gay men having "relations" (putting it mildly) in the street? Does Pride go against your religion, your views, your opinions? 

Religion is all its forms, I find wrong and go against my views, but my no means am I going to question why Sunday mass and religious channels are allowed on TV.  Of course not. I believe everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want and be whoever they want as long as it doesn't physically or emotionally harm another.

Your "impressionable children" should be allowed to watch Pride content if they so wish. It doesn't mean anything. It's good exposure for them to see the entire world and what the world is all about. Similar to how the likes of news for kids like Newsround (BBC) and News2day (RTÉ) is available. IT's giving them all available information to become good, well rounded adults.

Pride is about celebrating the fact that there is LGBTQIA+ people in the world and showing countries that still don't allow LGBTQIA+ people that it's OK to be themselves. Pride is about celebrating those we've lost to the likes of riots and protesting and to celebrate diversity. Pride is about telling every single person out there that love exists for them, that they are accepted, loved and that they have worth. It's telling every single kid out there that no matter what, you are loved. 

(removed)

If your morals and beliefs tell you to shun one or more people because of who they are, you need new morals and beliefs. 

(removed)

This message was authored by Gorn777 This message was authored by: Gorn777

Stimulate and educate your kids instead of dumping them in front of a TV everyday

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thread now locked. 

Kirsty

Community Manager

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion