Discussion topic: HBO Max on sky ?

This message was authored by Hunter83 This message was authored by: Hunter83

HBO Max on sky ?

Hi I'm looking to watch harley quinn animated series New episode and wounder if Sky has HBO Max to view it on?

Best Answers
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Re: HBO Max on sky ?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

HBO max is not available on Sky.

Your series has always been shown on E4 in the UK.
Season 1 – E4 – from 07 May 2020 at 10:30 pm
Season 2 – E4 – from 21 June 2021 at 10:30 pm
Season 3 – E4 – from 18 September 2022 at 10:35 pm

Season 3 is currently in a season break having started broadcasting on E4 in November 2022 and will return to E4 soon.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Hunter83  I think channel 4 has uk rights to Harley Quinn 

HBO Max is not currently available in the uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

HBO max is not available on Sky.

Your series has always been shown on E4 in the UK.
Season 1 – E4 – from 07 May 2020 at 10:30 pm
Season 2 – E4 – from 21 June 2021 at 10:30 pm
Season 3 – E4 – from 18 September 2022 at 10:35 pm

Season 3 is currently in a season break having started broadcasting on E4 in November 2022 and will return to E4 soon.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Hunter83 

It appears HBO Max will not be available in the UK (or other European countries where Sky is a licenced broadcaster) until the current arrangement between HBO and Sky Atlantic expires in 2025.

https://tbivision.com/2021/03/23/hbo-max-wont-launch-in-uk-germany-or-italy-until-sky-deal-ends-in-2... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Hard to know when e4 will show the special.

I felt they really messed around with season 3, they had shown a few episodes on Sunday nights, then took a bit of a break before moving it to I think middle of the night on Thursday nights/Friday mornings

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

As for HBO Max no , at least until 2025

https://variety.com/2022/sports/global/warner-bros-discovery-bt-sport-jv-1235265074/

I personally don't think it's likely to be called HBO Max.

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@Timelord2018 wrote:

As for HBO Max no , at least until 2025

https://variety.com/2022/sports/global/warner-bros-discovery-bt-sport-jv-1235265074/

I personally don't think it's likely to be called HBO Max.

It won't be called HBO Max as the rollout of that has now been stopped. 

There will be 2 streaming services - Discovery+ and an as yet unnamed service with the MAX working title. 

Countries that already have HBO Max will see it morph into the new service while countries without HBO Max currently will see the new combined service.

Who knows what will happen in current Sky countries? No doubt the app will launch in all of them but it's as yet unknown what the intentions will be in terms of HBO programming and WB movies etc. 

This message was authored by Horizon911 This message was authored by: Horizon911

And to add to the mix, many pundits expect Sky's owner, Comcast, to buy/merge with Warner Bros Discovery in the next few years. So, if that does happen, I highly doubt HBO Max will ever see the light of day in the UK.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Horizon911 wrote:

many pundits expect Sky's owner, Comcast, to buy/merge with Warner Bros Discovery in the next few years.

Possibly: it would currently cost them less than they (over)paid for Sky Group...

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Horizon911 wrote:

many pundits expect Sky's owner, Comcast, to buy/merge with Warner Bros Discovery in the next few years.

Possibly: it would currently cost them less than they (over)paid for Sky Group...

There is rumours there planning to sell Sky Deutschland

This message was authored by Laggamer20xx This message was authored by: Laggamer20xx

Nope, but E4 airs it, and I hope HBO Max Comes to britain. I heard they have a completely different version of Ben 10. https://www.reddit.com/r/Ben10/comments/1atbdho/the_mysteries_of_ben_10_on_max_i_live_in_britain/

@Laggamer20xx 

As mentioned in the story which @Timelord2018 linked to, Max cannot land in several European Sky territories, including the UK, until the exclusive deal to distribute HBO content into Sky Atlantic expires.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@Laggamer20xx wrote:

Nope, but E4 airs it, 

Yes, the valentines day special was aired in the middle of the night at the end of last year.

E4 had aired it oddly after they completed the next season

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Deleted...

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion