Discussion topic: Discovery+ contact your provider issue

This message was authored by Steven851 This message was authored by: Steven851

Discovery+ contact your provider issue

Ok I'll try make this make sense. So I have discovery+ which you get free with sky but last night I wanted to watch UFC 300, and i was looking for like a day pass for TNT sports but they only do 1 month passes at £30 Which you then need to download Discovery+ to sign in and watch on your mobile but after paying and logging in and trying to watch ufc I was met with the message about contacting my provider and after digging deeper, because I used the same email for Sky and discovery plus. It seems to have linked my account to the basic sky package discovery+ even though I done it separately on discovery's website and paid for the premium subscription .....hope this makes sense so far.....So basically I can't actually use the Discovery+ premium subscription and I've paid £30 for nothing as it stands.

can sky remove the discovery+ from my sky account so I can use the premium subscription I paid for or is this a Discovery+ issue? 

many thanks 

Steven

All Replies

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Discovery+ contact your provider issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's quite possible you need to contact discovery + to remove the link to your Sky account as it's the discovery + account which says the billing is done via Sky and Sky won't have access to your discovery plus account.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Re: Discovery+ contact your provider issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Steven851 wrote:

Ok I'll try make this make sense. So I have discovery+ which you get free with sky but last night I wanted to watch UFC 300, and i was looking for like a day pass for TNT sports but they only do 1 month passes at £30 Which you then need to download Discovery+ to sign in and watch on your mobile but after paying and logging in and trying to watch ufc I was met with the message about contacting my provider and after digging deeper, because I used the same email for Sky and discovery plus. It seems to have linked my account to the basic sky package discovery+ even though I done it separately on discovery's website and paid for the premium subscription .....hope this makes sense so far.....So basically I can't actually use the Discovery+ premium subscription and I've paid £30 for nothing as it stands.

can sky remove the discovery+ from my sky account so I can use the premium subscription I paid for or is this a Discovery+ issue? 

many thanks 

Steven

Wouldn't it be easier just to change your email address what you used when you signed up for  Discovery+Premium @Steven851 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion