Discussion topic: Changes to the Sky TV guide - September 2023

This message was authored by Kirsty+S27 This message was authored by: Kirsty+S27

Changes to the Sky TV guide - September 2023

Posted by a Sky employee

Keep up with the latest changes to the Sky TV Guide on Sky+, Sky Q and Sky Glass/Stream.

This list is updated weekly for the week ahead but may still change.

Friday 1st 

• Sky Adventure (Satellite 306/850 - Sky Glass/Stream 306) renames to ​​Sky Family/Sky Family HD
  • ​Sky Sci-Fi & Horror (Satellite 311 - Sky Glass/Stream 311) renames to Sky Star Trek / SkyStarTrekHD 
  • ​CITV (Satellite 612 - Sky Glass/Stream 212) closes permanently

Monday 4th 

• Nick Jr. PAW Patrol (Satellite 613 - Glass/Stream UK 207 (ROI 206)) renames to Nick Jr. Peppa 
  • ​NickSpongeBob (Satellite 605 - Glass/Stream UK 205 (ROI 204)) renames back to NickToons 
  • Wizarding World (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302) renames to BacktoSchool and BacktoSchoolHD 
  • ​QVC Style HD (677) moves to EPG 664 (satellite only)
  • QVC Extra (679) moves to EPG 671 (satellite only)

Tuesday 5th 

• ​Sky Sports Action (Satellite 407/865 - Glass/Stream 407) rebrands to SkySp NFL/SkySp NFL ​HD 

Wednesday 6th 

• Sky Kids moves from 202 to 203 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • Nickelodeon moves from 203 to 204 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • NickSpongeBob moves from 204 to 205 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • Nick Jr. moves from 205 to 206 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • NickJrPAWPatrol moves from 206 to 207 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • CBBC moves from 207 to 208 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • CBeebies moves from 208 to 209 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • Cartoon Network moves from 209 to 210 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • Boomerang moves from 210 to 211 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • Cartoonito moves from 211 to 212 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • Baby TV moves from 212 to 213 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • POP moves from 213 to 214 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • Tiny Pop moves from 214 to 215 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • POP Max moves from 215 to 216 on Sky Glass only in ROI only
  • RTÉ Jr moves from 213 to 212 on Sky Glass only in NI only

Thursday 7th 

• Cúla4 HD launches in ROI and NI (Satellite (ROI 624 - NI 627) - Glass/Stream (ROI 202 - NI 213))
  • GREAT! romance (Satellite 319 - Glass/Stream 317) renames to GREAT! xmas
  • G! romance+1 (Satellite ​​320) renames to GREAT! xmas+1

Monday 11th 

• ​Sky Star Trek (Satellite 311 - Glass/Stream 311) renames to Sky ScFi/Horror / Sky ScFi/HorHD 
  • Back To School (Satellite 302 - Glass/Stream 302) renames to Sky Feel Good/SkyFeelGoodHD
  • ​​Sky Greats (Satellite 304/849 - Glass/Stream 304) renames to Sky Directors / SkyDirectorsHD 

Tuesday 12th 

• ​Sky Sports Tennis (Satellite 408/866 - Glass/Stream 408) renames to SkySp Arena/SkySp ArenaHD 

Friday 15th 

• Sky Sci-Fi & Horror (Satellite 311 - Glass/Stream 311) renames to Sky Paranormal / Paranormal HD 

Saturday 16th 

• Sky Cinema Action (Satellite 307/851 - Glass/Stream 307) renames to Sky Batman / Sky Batman HD 

Monday 18th 

• Sky Cinema Batman (Satellite 307/851 - Glass/Stream 307) renames to Sky Action / Sky Action HD
  • Sky Paranormal (Satellite 311 - Glass/Stream 311) renames to SkyDystopia / SkyDystopiaHD

Tuesday 26th 

• ​Sky Directors (Satellite 304/849 - Sky Glass/Stream 304) renames to Sky Greats / Sky Greats HD 
  • Feel Good (Satellite 302 - Sky Glass/Stream 302) renames to SkyAntiheroes / Antiheroes HD (temporary change)
  • Aaj Tak launches on Sky Glass/Stream in the UK only (EPG number 716) - channel already exists on satellite

Friday 29th September

• TJC Beauty (668) renames to Ideal World on satellite only

Useful links

TV channel list on Sky Glass

Channels available on Sky Go

Sky TV channels on PlayStation and Xbox

Sky Glass Playlist explained 

Kirsty

Community Manager

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Changes to the Sky TV guide - September 2023

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

• ​CITV (Satellite 612 - Sky Glass/Stream 212) closes permanently

Just to jump in ahead of the almost inevitable 'why is Sky doing this' posts, it's worth knowing that the decision was made by ITV themselves on economic grounds and announced back in March.

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-03-10/itv-announces-closure-of-citv-in-favour-of-streaming-only-childr... 

Recent BARB viewing data has shown that while the average amount of broadcast TV minutes of children's TV channels watched by 4-year-olds per week has declined by 62% since 2019, viewing has risen by 30% in the same period, demonstrating the "streaming first" trend in viewing habits for young people.

The BBC has also announced plans to stop broadcasting its children's CBBC channel - home to shows including Blue Peter and Newsround - on TV in the future.

Despite the rise in online viewing, some have argued that not all children have access to the internet.

Spending on original kid's content in the UK has been slashed following the 2006 ban on advertising junk food to children.

The Young Audiences Content Fund - a £44m fund designed to help support children's programming on channels including ITV and Channel 5 - was scrapped by the government last year.

https://news.sky.com/story/citv-childrens-tv-channel-will-close-in-september-following-launch-of-itv... 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

Drop off in viewership in children's TV was inevitable, given the streaming, Youtube age but it's been exacerbated IMO by a poor offering and poor promotion of kids shows. Yes there's been a big percentage fall but the same is true of linear TV in general. 

Sky launching Sky kids has been a welcome bucking of the trend and one they should get credit for. 

Sadly I think we can look forward to more of our kids with American accents in the future. 

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

It's a shame CITV IS closing as there's not many kid's channels now on sky since Disney closed their channels on sky kids channels are getting less and less we need more  "Linear TV"kids channels on sky as there won't be any kids channels left soon everything is being made digital witch is ok but not fair in the kids as my nephew and niece watch the kids channels on sky well they did till they all started closing sky if you could please help save kids "Linear TV" as the digital world is not always the healthy option for kids @Kirsty+S27 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@1Anonymous1  All the channels you mentioned are not run by Sky, they cannot force broadcasters to stay on an expensive satellite platform.  Sky do not control all broadbacasting in the UK.

Asking sky to get involved is pointless, you need to direct this to the relevant channel owners.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

It's a shame CITV IS closing as there's not many kid's channels now on sky since Disney closed their channels on sky kids channels are getting less and less we need more  "Linear TV"kids channels on sky as there won't be any kids channels left soon everything is being made digital witch is ok but not fair in the kids as my nephew and niece watch the kids channels on sky well they did till they all started closing sky if you could please help save kids "Linear TV" as the digital world is not always the healthy option for kids @Kirsty+S27 

Sky launched Sky Kids as a linear channel in February 2023

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

the digital world is not always the healthy option for kids 

@1Anonymous1 

Some might say watching lots of TV also isn't the healthy option for kids which has been mentioned on other posts regarding the loss of children's programmes/channels. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

The majority of kids do not watch broadcast TV they watch on the Internet

Broadcast TV is old now and going the way of the dodo, even I as a nearly 60 year old  don't watch broadcast TV any more

Digital is fine as long as the parents spend the time to parent their kids and not just leave them to it

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

@1Anonymous1 you should direct your complaint to ITV: https://itvcontentservices.com/contact-us/

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@Kirsty+S27 Hope you are well and everything is good on your side. Any update at all on Discovery plus premium launching? 

Posted by a Sky employee

@Super+Anthony Hi there, we can't share anything on the forum pre-release even if we do know the time frame. We'll post about it when we can 🙂

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Ok no worries. I thought you might or @Kirsty+S27  be giving a rough idea as per previous comms but I understand

Posted by a Sky employee

We promise you'll know as soon as we can, but you know forum members are normally quicker to the keyboard than we are when things launch or change 😉

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Thanks @Chloe-W22 you are a star

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

@1Anonymous1 wrote:

Hi I'm sorry for what I said earlier didn't mean to be angry and upset anyone on here I understand this is beyond Skys fault and sorry for blaming sky  I know sky and all Skys teams work really hard with what they do and I now understand this is not Skys fault as third party channels are not  Skys control so sorry to 

@Kirsty+S27 and  @Chloe-W22 and to sky for blaming you thanks for understanding 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion