Discussion topic: 9-1-1: Lone Star (Season 3) - UK Airdate wanted!

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: 9-1-1: Lone Star (Season 3) - UK Airdate wanted!

The adult content will continue to increase since Disney don't sell their shows to anyone else anymore, That's why Disney no longer attend the longer LA Screenings i suspect

https://deadline.com/2022/05/the-la-screenings-returns-studios-set-slates-buyers-seek-certainty-and-...

The FX deal with the BBC wasn't renewed either

JonD1492
Topic Author
This message was authored by JonD1492 This message was authored by: JonD1492

Look: it's quite simple.

You can't state with any accuracy what number of Disney+ customers will watch 9-1-1: LONE STAR.

You can't state with any accuracy whether there will be a higher or lower number of viewers watching it than those who watched it on Sky Witness.

However, I would argue there's a higher chance of Sky Witness having higher numbers of viewers for this show, than who will watch it on Disney+ purely on the grounds of many US shows generally have diminishing number of viewers, the harder it is to watch.

Sky is mainstream compared to Disney+. You're paying for access to a lot more TV (not film) content than Disney+ has. And as has already been pointed-out, most people get Disney+ for the kids and STAR WARS content

As for any alleged chip on my shoulder, it's still likely to be significantly smaller than your ego. You were the one making pompous statements that don't add-up, and confusing viewing figures with subscriber numbers . I don't think I have anything to fear or worry from you - regardless of what you might think.

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@d2h wrote:

@JonD1492 wrote:

and I doubt Disney+ is going to get more UK viewers than when Sky Witness had the rights to it. If anything, I suspect they'll get significantly less.

In the interests of balance, Disney+ has far more UK customers than Sky Witness has viewers.

The availability of first-run content, be it series or movies, at a cheaper price point than Sky can offer is a good thing for the wider market. For every disgruntled person who no longer gets x or y via Sky, there are others who are seeing the scales tip further in the direction of questioning the value of Sky. 

If you're wanting to keep Sky, it can still work out cheaper to take Disney+ from them if you also have UHD pack as they discount the UHD pack in exchange for adding D+ via them. 

But if you take Disney+ from Sky, you do pay more.  From Sky, Disney+ costs £7.99 a month which is £95.88 a year where taking a year's subscription direct costs £79.90 a year which is £6.66 a month.

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@d2h  Remember, Sky Witness is available on Sky, Now, Virgin Media. and BT. I don't know where else Sky Witness is available. How many subscribers do you think that would be for all of those services?

This message was authored by gavinscott82008 This message was authored by: gavinscott82008

@Timelord2018 

Agreed Disney didn't buy 21st Century Fox that included Alien and Die Hard franchises just to keep with kids and Star Wars content.

We don't have kids but have Disney+. Personally I have ZERO interest in Star Wars. 

Since Disney as added "Star" for its adult content we have used Disney+ far more. Shows like Dope Sick, Only Murders in the Building continue to indicate where Disney want to head with its international versions of Disney+ at least until they sort out Hulu in the US with Comcast.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

This message was authored by tracygrieve30 This message was authored by: tracygrieve30

• 911 lone star wont be coming to sky it will be on Disney+, few shows have went this way sucks that we lose out. But I guess disney wants everyone to subscribe to them

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion