Discussion topic: No ‘Replay’ banner on Sky sports

This message was authored by Bob+Sn This message was authored by: Bob+Sn

No ‘Replay’ banner on Sky sports

Why can't Sky display a 'Replay' banner on-screen when a replay is being shown. This can be confusing especially during fast action sports events. All other channels showing sport manage to do this but not Sky. Why?

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: No ‘Replay’ banner on Sky sports

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bob+Sn wrote:

Why?

Because they choose not to?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@Bob+Sn wrote:

Why can't Sky display a 'Replay' banner on-screen when a replay is being shown. This can be confusing especially during fast action sports events. All other channels showing sport manage to do this but not Sky. Why?

Hi @Bob+Sn  you could pause and press the left arrow on your remote and replay what you need to?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Bob+Sn   Sky do the opposite,  they normally display Live when it is. It makes sense as 99% of programmes are not live.

Bob+Sn
Topic Author
This message was authored by Bob+Sn This message was authored by: Bob+Sn

That's not the point I'm making. During, say, the action replay of a goal, a wicket fall or something similar, there's never an on-screen banner that tells me it's an action replay. Look on the BBC or ITV or BT Sport and if there's an action replay there's notification  to tell me. Sky, to me, can be a little confusing especially if the camera view of a replay is the same as the live action view; cricket is the best example.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Bob+Sn wrote:

@Bob+Sn They do cant get much faster than F1

20220805_095329.jpg

Can't comment on cricket as it's like watching paint dry. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion