Discussion topic: 9-1-1: Lone Star (Season 3) - UK Airdate wanted!

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

Re: 9-1-1: Lone Star (Season 3) - UK Airdate wanted!

@JonD1492 wrote:

Thanks for the info, everyone! 👍  Most annoying that 9-1-1: LONE STAR is moving to Disney+.  Oh well, another lost viewer, as I'm, not paying Disney any extra cash!

You are spiting nobody but yourself.

You are going to miss a lot of TV shows. 9-1-1 may eventually end up on Disney+.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LGUser wrote:

@JonD1492 wrote:

Thanks for the info, everyone! 👍  Most annoying that 9-1-1: LONE STAR is moving to Disney+.  Oh well, another lost viewer, as I'm, not paying Disney any extra cash!

You are spiting nobody but yourself.

You are going to miss a lot of TV shows. 9-1-1 may eventually end up on Disney+.

Not a question of spiting anyone. It's a question of drawing a line in the sand and refusing to pay even more for tv. 

I'm sure there are programs I'd enjoy on Netflix, Prime, Disney+ and all the others, but I'll never get to watch them and I'm fine with that. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
JonD1492
Topic Author
This message was authored by JonD1492 This message was authored by: JonD1492

@LGUser I'm sorry, but how dare you!

It's NOT for you to CONDEMN me on which streaming services I do or do not subscribe to, okay?!

it's NOT for you to decide whether I may be spiteing myself, because 9-1-1 may possibly move to Disney+ as well, at some stage in the future.

If 9-1-1 does move, it'll be a show I won't follow anymore either, and I doubt Disney+ is going to get more UK viewers than when Sky Witness had the rights to it. If anything, I suspect they'll get significantly less.

Either way, for a Sky "Superuser", stop being such a smug, judgemental, and arrogant individual!  It's people like you, that make using these Forums absolutely frustrating, due to your condescending snobbish attitude towards others.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@LGUser wrote

• You are going to miss a lot of TV shows. 9-1-1 may eventually end up on Disney+.

geektown has reported that season 3 of 9-1-1 lonestar will premiere on disney plus

It is up to everyone to decide what services they want and are willing to pay for. Sure there are stuff on apple, discovery plus, Prime, etc etc that probably interest me but you know, I can only watch so much.  People should decide for themselves what they want.

I don't need or want all the tv services out there 

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@LGUser  I see you are endearing yourself to the forum so soon after your vacation....

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
JonD1492
Topic Author

@Doc5907I do hope @LGUser gets their "Sky Superuser" status revoked, if this is their attitude towards members of this forum.

This message was authored by SMJG178706 This message was authored by: SMJG178706

Hi, sky no longer have the rights to 911 lone star, the rights for this show in uk and ireland are now with disney plus. if you go to geektown you will find the post about it as i got email about it last week, hope that helps

This message was authored by Stuart8419 This message was authored by: Stuart8419

Sky have lost the rights to Lone Star instead it will be shown on Disney +, I'm guess after June 6th once season has expired on NOW.

No exact date has been announced yet (19/05/22)

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@JonD1492 wrote:

and I doubt Disney+ is going to get more UK viewers than when Sky Witness had the rights to it. If anything, I suspect they'll get significantly less.

In the interests of balance, Disney+ has far more UK customers than Sky Witness has viewers.

The availability of first-run content, be it series or movies, at a cheaper price point than Sky can offer is a good thing for the wider market. For every disgruntled person who no longer gets x or y via Sky, there are others who are seeing the scales tip further in the direction of questioning the value of Sky. 

If you're wanting to keep Sky, it can still work out cheaper to take Disney+ from them if you also have UHD pack as they discount the UHD pack in exchange for adding D+ via them. 

JonD1492
Topic Author

@d2h @You seem to have misunderstood what I said, and then used differing statistics to backup your view!

I highly doubt the number of viewers who will watch 9-1-1: LONE STAR via Sky Witness will ever be lower than the number of viewers who will watch this show on Disney+.

Youve tried to (falsely) show that Disney+ has more customers than Sky Witness has viewers.

That may well be true, but we're not talking about the number of customers Disney+ has. I’m only talking about the number of viewers who will watch 9-1-1: LONE STAR on their streaming service, versus watching it on Sky Witness.

You need to compare like with like.   No one cares that Disney+ has a large number of viewers/customers (overall) than Sky Witness, has viewers, but that's not the same as what I was talking about.

Ultimately, I believe the show will lose more viewers than will continue watching it on another service.  Moreso, as we live through a cost of living crisis, in which people are dropping streaming services, due to high costs and lack of worthwhile programming.

@JonD1492 wrote:

@d2h @You seem to have misunderstood what I said, and then used differing statistics to backup your view!

I highly doubt the number of viewers who will watch 9-1-1: LONE STAR via Sky Witness will ever be lower than the number of viewers who will watch this show on Disney+.

Youve tried to (falsely) show that Disney+ has more customers than Sky Witness has viewers.

That may well be true, but we're not talking about the number of customers Disney+ has. I’m only talking about the number of viewers who will watch 9-1-1: LONE STAR on their streaming service, versus watching it on Sky Witness.

You need to compare like with like.   No one cares that Disney+ has a large number of viewers/customers (overall) than Sky Witness, has viewers, but that's not the same as what I was talking about.

Ultimately, I believe the show will lose more viewers than will continue watching it on another service.  Moreso, as we live through a cost of living crisis, in which people are dropping streaming services, due to high costs and lack of worthwhile programming.

You come across as rather aggressive. Relax.

Disney+ has around 5m UK subscribers. Have you taken a look at the Sky Witness viewing figures?

There is a very good chance that more people will indeed watch the programme via Disney+ than watch it on Sky Witness.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@d2h wrote:

@JonD1492 wrote:

Disney+ has around 5m UK subscribers. Have you taken a look at the Sky Witness viewing figures?

There is a very good chance that more people will indeed watch the programme via Disney+ than watch it on Sky Witness.

And the vast majority of those 5M+ have taken Disney+ for the children's content, not to watch 911:Lone Star

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
JonD1492
Topic Author

Again, number of subscribers versus number of people who will watch 9-1-1: LONE STAR are not the same,

Why do you keep trying to make one plus one equal ten?!

Numver of subscribers is NOT the same as number of viewers for a specific show. Anybody with some knowledge of the industry knows this.

Also: "a good chance" is not the same is an actual number. There's a good chance I could die tomorrow, but if I don't go out or do anything risky or dangerous, that chance suddenly changes hugely.

@oj01 wrote:

@d2h wrote:

@JonD1492 wrote:

And the vast majority of those 5M+ have taken Disney+ for the children's content, not to watch 911:Lone Star

Disney+ hasn't been a kids portal since the Star brand widened the net. That was furthered with the exclusive self distribution of 20th Century movies. 

I wouldn't dare say who subscribes for what because I have no insight into that data. I presume that you do, with such comments?

What about those who subscribed 'for the kids' at launch and subsequently use the service themselves now due to the wholesale changes in appeal for adults? 

@JonD1492 wrote:

Again, number of subscribers versus number of people who will watch 9-1-1: LONE STAR are not the same,

Why do you keep trying to make one plus one equal ten?!

Numver of subscribers is NOT the same as number of viewers for a specific show. Anybody with some knowledge of the industry knows this.

Also: "a good chance" is not the same is an actual number. There's a good chance I could die tomorrow, but if I don't go out or do anything risky or dangerous, that chance suddenly changes hugely.

Number of Sky customers vs number of 911 LS viewers is evidence of no correlation between the two.

As streamers don't release viewing figures, we will never know so it's all rather fruitless. 

There's a good chance that you could lose the rather large chip off your shoulder... but it seems unlikely. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion