Discussion topic: can I use the spare phone outlets in addition to the main phone plugged into router

This message was authored by DavidGr This message was authored by: DavidGr

can I use the spare phone outlets in addition to the main phone plugged into router

I have just had new sky broadband set up and main landline is plugged into router and working well. From old system I have several phone outlet sockets around the house but none now will give a dialing tone if an alternative phone is plugged in.  Does this mean that these sockets are now redundant or is there a way to use e.g. for incoming calls.  This would be useful at night as one of the sockets is bedside but main phone & router is in lounge. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: can I use the spare phone outlets in addition to the main phone plugged into router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

They're redundant, I'm afraid. The easiest solution would be a cordless phone with as many handsets as you need. Only the base station needs to be plugged into the Hub. You can place the handsets wherever you need them.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: can I use the spare phone outlets in addition to the main phone plugged into router

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DavidGr 

They won't work now. You perhaps need to purchase some cordless phones whereby the main phone plugs into the router and the others just plug into a plug socket and link to the main one. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
DavidGr
Topic Author
This message was authored by DavidGr This message was authored by: DavidGr

Thanks for that which is as I thought. I do have a mobile and a roaming land line so just need to remember to keep them with me. Thanks again.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion