Discussion topic: I had sky broadband and landline fitted for my dad, i was told he would be able to get his previous

This message was authored by Gel+ray This message was authored by: Gel+ray

I had sky broadband and landline fitted for my dad, i was told he would be able to get his previous

I had sky broadband and sky talk fitted for my dad, I was told he could get his old number back after 3 weeks, anyone know how ???? Would really appreciate it if someone could help me out 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I had sky broadband and landline fitted for my dad, i was told he would be able to get his previ

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gel+ray 

Did you tell Sky when ordering that you wanted the number to stay the same? Sky can't guarantee it though. 

This is from there website

Your phone number

Most of the time you can keep your existing number when moving to Sky Talk. Just let us know your existing number and your phone provider when placing your order.

Good to know: Order Sky Talk before cancelling with your current provider – we won’t be able to transfer your number if you cancel with them first.

If we can’t transfer your number or you want a new one, you’ll get an email or letter with your new number. Or sign in to My Account to see it.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Gel+ray
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gel+ray This message was authored by: Gel+ray

Re: I had sky broadband and landline fitted for my dad, i was told he would be able to get his previ

Yes I did, that was why they said wait 3 weeks 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gel+ray if he switched from another provider and requested his number to be retained, it would have been ported on the day his Sky service went live.

Sky can't port a number after the service has gone live, so I don't know where the three weeks has come from.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion