Discussion topic: Unable to make or receive calls on landline

This message was authored by acm2u This message was authored by: acm2u

Unable to make or receive calls on landline

I've found that I can't make or receive calls. Broadband is working fine except when I try to make a call then when hanging up handset sync is lost and the broadband reconnects after a few 10s of seconds.

I've run through the online help and checks using a different wired phone, for example. When I try calling the number presented on the mySky app or website to contact Sky I am presented with  a message that everyone is in training!

Please can this be escalated to the Sky customer service team to contact me, so that I can organise an engineer visit?

Regards,

Andy

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Unable to make or receive calls on landline

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Did you manage to run the line test, ignore the fact it says it will test your broadband:

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/no-connection-slow-wifi/articles/broadban...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
acm2u
Topic Author

Yes, test I ran the test and it completed fine. Reporting the broadband service is ok.

As I said in my original post I am unable to make or receive calls. The broadband is fine until I hang up after trying to make a call then broadband drops.

I suspect it's the same old problemnwe have with damp in the cabinet or in one of the ducts, which recurs after periods of wet weather causing corrosion and high resisance joints.

Regards,

Andy

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@acm2u 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent acm2u an invite to chat.

acm2u
Topic Author

Thanks, I have started chat with the team... will be checking in tomorrow when they are back online

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion