Discussion topic: Landline issue and sky no help!

This message was authored by sjrushworth This message was authored by: sjrushworth

Landline issue and sky no help!

Hi.

I've been trying to phone my mother's landline for 3 days and it just keeps ringing.  I'm trying to report a fault to Sky but they won't speak to me as neither of us know the password to her account and I can't be physcially at my mother's house which is what they are requesting.

I've explained that my mother is 88 years old, recovering from a stroke with speech issues, and does not have a mobile let alone being able to use technology.  However they say there is nothing they can do!!!  

The conversation became quite heated as there appears no way for us to fix the issue or for me to speak to my mother!  The Sky operator just said there was nothing he could do.  After 40 minutes of asking to speak to a supervisor I repeatedly asked for his name to make a complaint.  He then hung up on me!!!

This is a ridiculous situation whereby they have left a disabled person without any means of contacting help and paying for a service that she doesn't have and no way of fixing.  

Any ideas on how I can get them to at least test the line?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Landline issue and sky no help!

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you can setup an account for her that you can use then try this link:

https://www.sky.com/servicechecker

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@sjrushworth this is one of those occasions where privacy and data protection requirements work against you. Sky advisers simply cannot physically access your mother's account to run checks on her line without verifying that you have the authority to speak on her behalf.

I don't know if they can help, but you could try contacting Sky's Accessibility team, given that it's a welfare issue: https://www.skyaccessibility.sky/

sjrushworth
Topic Author
This message was authored by sjrushworth This message was authored by: sjrushworth

Unfortunately I think she already has an account but has forgotten the password!  She won't have access to it or email in order to do this and neither do I.

sjrushworth
Topic Author

I can understand their issues with security, but would have thought a line check could be done at any time requested by anyone.

I can't see anything on the accessibility site of use.  I think I'm going to have to try to travel there over the weekend to get it sorted.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@sjrushworth wrote:

I can understand their issues with security, but would have thought a line check could be done at any time requested by anyone.

Whether or not other providers can do that, I wouldn't know, but I believe Sky's systems are set up to require access to the customer's account first and foremost. 

sjrushworth
Topic Author

I believe BT can do that, probably because they own the infrastructure.

I have raised a complaint with Sky in the meantime!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion