Discussion topic: Terrible Crackling on Landline - Again

This message was authored by Mark+012120 This message was authored by: Mark+012120

Terrible Crackling on Landline - Again

Hello
So for the last few years we've had a terrible crackling on the landlines. It doesn't matter which handset we use and Yes, we've gone through all the troubleshooting , turn it off and on again.
We have also had engineers call on two occasions to check the setup... but still no improvement on the line quality.
The Crackling is so loud that we can't hear the callers clearly and are always asking them to reapet what they are saying... and sometimes ending the call because of the noise.
What makes it worse is that we don't have very good Mobile Connection either.

I wondered if #SKY should get #Openreach in to sort out the cables to our house?

Help Please.

Mark

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Terrible Crackling on Landline - Again

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mark+012120 

I appreciate you have a poor mobile signal but have you got another way of contacting Sky to report this? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Mark+012120
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mark+012120 This message was authored by: Mark+012120

Yes... My Landline 🙂

Mark+012120
Topic Author

Mobile might be okay... can they call me?
Maybe best on the Landline though so that they can hear the problem for themselves?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Mark+012120 

I know that but depending on the call quality would you prefer if your post was escalated to Sky on the forum. They could check your line and if an external fault is detected pass it to Openreach for investigation (although not necessarily replacing cables). 

Sky customer since 2001
Mark+012120
Topic Author

Yes, I'd like it escallated if that will get them to test it again.

@Mark+012120 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you have 48 hours to join the private chat with a Sky expert or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again automatically close down even if your issue isn’t resolved. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

You need to make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014
If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Mark+012120
Topic Author

Hello Lisa

What do you need from me?
Mark

@Mark+012120 

You need to respond on the chat now, not via a new post. See the link in my post if you're not sure. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @Mark+012120 and external openreach engineer arranged

Thanks again for the escalation have a great day 🙂

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion