Discussion topic: Scan Phone Calls on my Landline.

This message was authored by NicholasLBH This message was authored by: NicholasLBH

Scan Phone Calls on my Landline.

Hi.  I am getting constant scam phone calls on my Sky landline.  Usually from 'Amazon' about a delivery.  They all appear to be coming from the same number, ending 1111.    I just want to bar the last number and I read this can be achived by phoning 14258 and following the instructions.  However, when i ring this number on my landline it tells me ' Sorry, the service requested is not available on this line'    

I dont expecially want to use the 'Sky Shield' feature.  Does anybody know why 14258 is not working for me.  Is there an alternative number I can use to bar the last call received ?  

Many thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Scan Phone Calls on my Landline.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you've tried the process described in Sky's guide here without success,  it does look like your line doesn't support this feature. 

That can happen if you're on a leased line, rather than one within Sky's own voice and broadband network. 

https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-talk/sky-talk-features/features-when-making-a-call/articles/making...

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Scan Phone Calls on my Landline.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@NicholasLBH 

Have you checked to see if your landline phone itself has call banning features ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion