Discussion topic: SKY TALK NO LANDLINE IN AND OUTBOUND

This message was authored by ByronJackson This message was authored by: ByronJackson

SKY TALK NO LANDLINE IN AND OUTBOUND

Hello All,

Recently moved to Sky from BT.  Router is fine and we have a seperate Openreach Port for phone on the wall - phone is plugged in.  Phone number from BT was supposed to have been retained however we have a new number - neither number works and we are unable to make or receive calls.

I rang Customer services but after being passed around I was eventually cut off after 45 minutes.  Is there a direct number we can call in the UK that can resolve the issue?

Best Answers
ByronJackson
Topic Author
This message was authored by ByronJackson This message was authored by: ByronJackson Answer

Re: SKY TALK NO LANDLINE IN AND OUTBOUND

I have just managed to sort it!  I needed to plug into the router direct and NOT the Openreach Master Phone socket.   I have a new number but thats fine as we rarely use the phone - Thank you for your help.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ByronJackson  There is no direct UK number, calls are routed to the next available advisers

On your hub from Sky is there a voice light?  If so is this illuminated?

If yes your phone plugs into the UK phone port of the hub.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

ByronJackson
Topic Author
This message was authored by ByronJackson This message was authored by: ByronJackson

Hi there - We have a single white light only no voice light.  Broadband is fine just to landline - no dial tone.  Line was transferred over on the 12th February - had nothing since then.  I assume Sky didnt do something there end when BT / Openreach closed the old line?

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Is your phone plugged into your broadband Hub? It won't work from a wall socket.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@ByronJackson   To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

ByronJackson
Topic Author
This message was authored by ByronJackson This message was authored by: ByronJackson Answer

I have just managed to sort it!  I needed to plug into the router direct and NOT the Openreach Master Phone socket.   I have a new number but thats fine as we rarely use the phone - Thank you for your help.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@ByronJackson wrote:

As previously advised.....🙄 

ByronJackson
Topic Author

Yes sorry for the late response - I went to check.  Been with BT for a long time I had no idea that the filter was inbuilt into the router whereas BT use the filter on the wall.

Thank you for you're help saved me a few hours wasted on the phone 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion