Discussion topic: Recommended phone handsets for WIFI calling

This message was authored by Ram.doesntgiveup This message was authored by: Ram.doesntgiveup

Recommended phone handsets for WIFI calling

Going over to Sky Broadband again and am interested in getting a home phone. Does anyone have any ideas on a good one to get over WIFI? Any help much appreciated. Cheers 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Recommended phone handsets for WIFI calling

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ram.doesntgiveup  A standard off the shelf phone available from  multiple retail outlets can be used as they plug into the back of the sky hub.  No special phones are needed for Sky VOIP

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Ram.doesntgiveup  A standard off the shelf phone available from  multiple retail outlets can be used as they plug into the back of the sky hub.  No special phones are needed for Sky VOIP

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Ram.doesntgiveup note that you can't use a wifi phone with Sky VOIP. The only connection to your Sky 'landline' is via the physical socket at the back of the box. 

A wireless DECT phone will work, because the handset is connected wirelessly to a base station which is plugged into the Hub.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion