Discussion topic: Phoneline Crackling

This message was authored by LottieEgypt This message was authored by: LottieEgypt

Phoneline Crackling

I've no idea how long this problem has been going on, but I got a call on my landline today (a rare occurrence) and I couldn't hear a thing over loud crackling/static. My broadband is completely fine, no issues whatsoever (I've run the broadband checks too), so I wouldn't have known this was an issue if someone hadn't called me. I've tried unplugging the phone and checking the connection. Openreach have been in the area several times in the past week or so, so I don't know whether it's me or something else.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Phoneline Crackling

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LottieEgypt 

See if you can run this line test to see if a fault is found outside of your property and if something is found you can book an engineer repair, ignore the fact it says it will test your broadband:

https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/my-broadband-speed/no-connection-slow-wifi/articles/broadban...

You can also run this test via the MySky app.

Let us know how you get on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
LottieEgypt
Topic Author
This message was authored by LottieEgypt This message was authored by: LottieEgypt

I've already run this test today, but I've run it again just now and it says there are no issues. Green ticks all the way down.

Did you plug your connection into the test socket in the master box ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
LottieEgypt
Topic Author

Yes I've done that. Just crackline and a dial tone

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent LottieEgypt an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion