Discussion topic: Phone

This message was authored by 1954eamonn This message was authored by: 1954eamonn

Phone

Hello just got sky broadband and plugged my Bt4600  single phone into the sky hub but all I get is a high pitch noise can any one help 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Phone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When was your service activated? Is the 'Voice' light on the front panel of your Sky Hub lit? Amber or green? It can take up to 24 hours for the Voice (telephone service) to complete activation.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

When was your service activated? Is the 'Voice' light on the front panel of your Sky Hub lit? Amber or green? It can take up to 24 hours for the Voice (telephone service) to complete activation.

1954eamonn
Topic Author
This message was authored by 1954eamonn This message was authored by: 1954eamonn

Yes the green light is on but just get cracking 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I'll assume your service was activated today. Give it 24 hours, then restart your Hub by switching off at the plug for 30 seconds. If you still don't have a dial tone, I'd suggest reporting it to Sky - we can ask their Messaging team to contact you here so that you can report it via a private online chat, if you wish.

Post again tomorrow if you'd like us to do that.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion