Discussion topic: Phone blanks out after about 15 minutes talking. Every time! Do I need a new phone?

This message was authored by Wrinklies+are+coo This message was authored by: Wrinklies+are+coo

Phone blanks out after about 15 minutes talking. Every time! Do I need a new phone?

I'm using a basic BT phone at the moment.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Re: Phone blanks out after about 15 minutes talking. Every time! Do I need a new phone?

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-Spoken to wrinklies+are+coo, the issue seems to have been resolved. Customer is now able to use her phone correctly.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Phone blanks out after about 15 minutes talking. Every time! Do I need a new phone?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Do you have a spare phone you could try in the phone socket ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Wrinklies+are+coo
Topic Author
This message was authored by Wrinklies+are+coo This message was authored by: Wrinklies+are+coo

I don't, but I can try to borrow one for half an hour. It's really strange, because when I put the phone back in the base it still shows a fully charged battery.  I moved into my flat 8 months ago and the landlines aren't conventional, but go through the router. I'm elderly and I'm befuddled by techy stuff - it's taken me all this time to get the phone to work at all! I'm now losing the will to live! 

Wrinklies+are+coo
Topic Author

Oh dear ....... I've tried a neighbour's phone and it also cuts off after 15 minutes. Anyone got any other suggestions/thoughts on why this is happening? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to 24 hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Wrinklies+are+coo it sounds like there's a fault with your phone service which will need to be reported to Sky.

@caesarome has alerted Sky and they may invite you to a private online chat where you can report it - look out for an email invitation. Or if you have access to another phone you can call them to report it.

Wrinklies+are+coo
Topic Author

Thank you! 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent Wrinklies+are+coo an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Wrinklies+are+coo
Topic Author

Thank you.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Wrinklies+are+coo

A private chat was started but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
Wrinklies+are+coo
Topic Author

• I don't know what happened there. I did reply and I had a response telling me I  should try a different phone, as it sounded like a handset issue. I sent a message back saying that I had indeed done that, as advised by an oracle, but the same issue was present. I have regularly checked the forum, but I've seen no further messages. I really do still need help please!
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Wrinklies+are+coo 
I’ve re-escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later or maybe tomorrow.

Once that speech bubble appears you have 48 hours to join the private chat with a Sky expert or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again automatically close down even if your issue isn’t resolved. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-Spoken to wrinklies+are+coo, the issue seems to have been resolved. Customer is now able to use her phone correctly.

Wrinklies+are+coo
Topic Author

Hi to everyone involved in helping me to sort out my phone problem. It is now solved! Thank you all! 😊 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion