Discussion topic: Retaining Landline number following Broadband/Talk upgrade

This message was authored by smithandy182 This message was authored by: smithandy182

Retaining Landline number following Broadband/Talk upgrade

I'm an existing Sky Broadband and Talk customer. I've just upgraded my package and started a new contract however my order states I won't be able to port my existing landline telephone number. Naturally this has confused me as my existing number is a Sky landline number.  Has anyone experienced this or can offer any advice.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Retaining Landline number following Broadband/Talk upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Do you currently have a standard phone service where the phone plugs into the normal wall socket? Upgrading your broadband service almost certainly means you'll switch to Sky VOIP, where the phone plugs into your broadband Hub. I suspect it's the switch between standard and Sky VOIP which is the reason why you can't keep your existing landline number.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Retaining Landline number following Broadband/Talk upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Do you currently have a standard phone service where the phone plugs into the normal wall socket? Upgrading your broadband service almost certainly means you'll switch to Sky VOIP, where the phone plugs into your broadband Hub. I suspect it's the switch between standard and Sky VOIP which is the reason why you can't keep your existing landline number.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion