Discussion topic: New to fibre (not fttc), and like several customers my phone doesn't work

This message was authored by Rustynail007 This message was authored by: Rustynail007

New to fibre (not fttc), and like several customers my phone doesn't work

I have upgraded my sky internet connection to superfast. Broadband works fine, but the telephone line doesn't work (I can't receive calls and sometimes the normal tone of the line is replaced by a high pitch sound). I have disconnected/reconnected everything as stated on the Sky help page, but the problem remains, and it has been like this since 5th June '23. How can I contact a sky engineer?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: New to fibre (not fttc), and like several customers my phone doesn't work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rustynail007  I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Rustynail007  Which router do you have from the link below.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-which-sky-hub 

Rustynail007
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rustynail007 This message was authored by: Rustynail007

@Highlinder:I have the Sky Broadband Hub.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Rustynail007  How many lights are on the hub and what colour are they?

Rustynail007
Topic Author

@Highlinder: 3 lights are on. Broadband works fine (although the Sky website tells me that there is a problem with my connection and the speed could be faster. I followed the steps indicated on that page, but it doesn't solve this minor issue). My speed at the moment is 60.9 MB (not bad as I'm in a rural area).
The last light on the hub: 'voice' is not lit.

@Rustynail007  Was everything okay before the upgrade if that is what you had happen? The help will have asked you to re-start your router and you have also done this?

Rustynail007
Topic Author

@Highlinder: I did follow the steps on the help page (disconnecting and reconnecting every cable), but the situation remains the same: I have broadband, but the phone isn't working.

I upgraded to Superfast on June 5th, 2023. Before that I was on an antiquated internet package from Sky, where I used to receive at best 4MB. Between March and June, the internet often went down, but the phone worked.

Is there a way to get in touch with a Sky engineer without calling, since at the moment my landline phone (connected to my Sky account) doesn't work?

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

@Rustynail007  I have escalated your post to Sky who may be in touch with you regarding this via a private message on this forum or an email to you, both of which will invite you to a private chat.

More information about this process can be found in the link below.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - Spoke to @Rustynail007  about their issues and have come to a resolution 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
Rustynail007
Topic Author

And I really appreciated the help you provided today :).

This message was authored by THUNDERCLOUD2 This message was authored by: THUNDERCLOUD2

Hi, ive just foud this thred so not sure im in the right place., but i too have no landline connction ive checked the cord and used another phone and it still not working. its been 3 days now but my internet is working good.  the message on the phone display reads... please check  the line cord.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@THUNDERCLOUD2 can you give us some background details? Are you new to Sky? Or recently upgraded your broadband? Or has this happened out of the blue? Is your broadband working normally?

This message was authored by THUNDERCLOUD2 This message was authored by: THUNDERCLOUD2

hi Mark no im not a new customer this happened without warning 3 days ago there is no tone, signal and the screan message says please check the line cord which ive done sevral times and even used another phone to connect and its just the same.

@THUNDERCLOUD2  Where you just activated 3 days ago to Sky broadband or have you been with Sky for a period of time before this happened?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion