Discussion topic: New FTTP install but no incoming calls

This message was authored by PaulMcC1966 This message was authored by: PaulMcC1966

New FTTP install but no incoming calls

I had my install on Wednesday and everything is great except I am unable to receive incoming calls. The message the caller gets is "You've dialled an incorrect number please check the number and try again".

Outgoing calls are working fine just incoming is the problem. Tried calling 150 but it has directed me here ?

Done all the usual checking of connections and restarting ONT and Hub but nothing. Need a speedy resolution as it the only way my elderly parents can contact me.

Hope someone can help

Cheers

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: New FTTP install but no incoming calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you restarted your Sky Hub this morning? Try that first. If it makes no difference we can ask Sky's messaging team to contact you here so that you can report it, if you wish.

PaulMcC1966
Topic Author
This message was authored by PaulMcC1966 This message was authored by: PaulMcC1966

Restarted everything but no joy. Spoke to someone at Sky who have escalated it to the network team, so here's hoping !

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Did you request to transfer your telephone number with your order

it is possible that the fttp service has been completed but there is a delay with the coop side for the telephone services

thsi leaves you with a partial service of working broadband but either no calls or outgoing only until the VoIP order is complete

if line activation completed on Wednesday it should already be getting looked at

PaulMcC1966
Topic Author

Hi All, 

It started working this afternoon so we're all good here. Time to set up the Mesh !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion