Discussion topic: Scammers

This message was authored by Zep2468 This message was authored by: Zep2468

Scammers

Why does sky allow scammers to use my phone and line that I pay for to scam me. At least 5 calls a week ?? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Re: Scammers

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Zep2468  Are you able to activate Sky talk sheild on your line. More information about this can be found in the link below,

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-talk-shield-start 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Zep2468 wrote:

Why does sky allow scammers to use my phone and line that I pay for to scam me. At least 5 calls a week ?? 

How would Sky differentiate between a scammer and a genuine call? They offer the Sky Talk Shield, as @Highlinder posted, which is a free tool which can intercept them.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Zep2468 wrote:

Scammers will use cloned numbers no Telecoms just allows it, they will always get through, Sky have provided Talk Shield that you can use to block numbers.

I'm not sure how any Telecoms could possibvle block scammers unless all calls are stopped.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@GD1 wrote:

@Zep2468 wrote:

Scammers will use cloned numbers no Telecoms just allows it, they will always get through, Sky have provided Talk Shield that you can use to block numbers.

I'm not sure how any Telecoms could possibvle block scammers unless all calls are stopped.

Using STIR/SHAKEN  would be a start, but that would have to be globally adopted by the telecoms industry.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion