Discussion topic: My phone line isn’t working

This message was authored by Hacked+off+again This message was authored by: Hacked+off+again

My phone line isn’t working

And I can't make any sensible contact with sky to get this resolved. I've tried the suggesriptiins online. I've tried the message service which is currently unavailable. And the virtual assistant who is stuck in a loop telling the same unhelpful thing over and over.

Any sensible suggestions to get this rectified please ?

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: My phone line isn’t working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

First try the connection test here, even if your broadband is OK. If it detects a fault you'll be able to book an engineer there and then.  If it doesn't,  let us know and we'll ask the Community messaging team if they can help via the forum here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

This message was authored by Haves+off+again This message was authored by: Haves+off+again

No it's still not working. Broadband is fine it's just the phone line ☹️

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Haves+off+again 

You seem to have created a new Community username? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Haves+off+again This message was authored by: Haves+off+again

I typed it in incorrectly and it wouldn't let me go back!!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Haves+off+again wrote:

@Hacked+off+again 

The landline still isn't working or the ability to arrange an engineer isn't working? What aspect of the Sky Talk isn't working properly? 

Sky customer since 2001

@Haves+off+again wrote:

The test isn't designed to fix it. It looks for a fault.

Did you run the test?

Yes I ran the test. But it didn't come up showing a fault. It didn't mention the phone line which is the issue l, just broadband which is working fine

Both. The phone line isn't working and I haven't been able to make contact to arrange for an engineer

@Haves+off+again wrote:

Yes I ran the test. But it didn't come up showing a fault. It didn't mention the phone line which is the issue l, just broadband which is working fine

It will need to be reported to Sky, then. You haven't said whether you would like us to alert the Community messaging team. Or would you prefer to call if you have the means?

Hacked+off+again
Topic Author
This message was authored by Hacked+off+again This message was authored by: Hacked+off+again

I don't have the means. Does that mean that Sky will get in touch? I don't know how this works I don't get any mobile reception at home and as my land  line doesn't work and Sky don't respond to any email or messenger contact, any help is gratefully received! Thank you. I'm heading out now but will look at this again in the morning 

@Hacked+off+again 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later or maybe tomorrow. I would hope it's sent to @Hacked+off+again login. 

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble at the bottom of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. If you fail to respond to each chat reply from Sky within 48 hours the chat will again close down automatically even if your issue hasn’t been resolved. Replies from Sky aren’t instant so you’ll need to check the chat thread regularly.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you are using Safari also make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the chat bubble. If you have trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Chrome or Firefox.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to Hacked+off+again.

Landline Fault has not been fixed although I have had text to say it has

It pretty much says it all above!

Landline has not been fixed

I reported this week ago. Had a text to say that it's been fixed  but it has not

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion