Discussion topic: My landline phone will not dial out, but will accept incoming calls.

This message was authored by Diamondsgirl This message was authored by: Diamondsgirl

My landline phone will not dial out, but will accept incoming calls.

I cannot make outgoing calls on my landline.  Every time I do try, I get the message "your number has not been recognised.  Please try again".  I can receive incoming calls too.  My problem is exacerbated as I thought it was the fault of the phone so got a replacement, which is doing the exact same thing.  If I send this back as well, I shall be without a landline phone, and if it is a landline problem, shall have wasted time and money messing around with new phones when it is a landline problem, plus looking like a fool!!

Help urgently needed please

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: My landline phone will not dial out, but will accept incoming calls.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Diamondsgirl   I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Diamondsgirl
Topic Author
This message was authored by Diamondsgirl This message was authored by: Diamondsgirl

Little update on the above.....should I wait before returning the new phones I have just received, or hang on to them in case it is not the hones but the landline that is faulty.  Thanks.  Urgent response please. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Diamondsgirl  I would wait for Sky to confirm it's a phone line issue or not.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

I would keep them for now but in all likely the fault is likely to be on the line and nothing to do with the phones themselves.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Diamondsgirl. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by J+Parkes This message was authored by: J+Parkes

This is what's happening to me right now... it's allowing people to call me but I can't dial out.  How did this conclude?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@J+Parkes 

Your posts you made was escalated to Sky so you need to respond to them when they contact you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion