Discussion topic: My landline phone number has been changed since installing Sky Broadband Ultrafast

This message was authored by Fred806 This message was authored by: Fred806

My landline phone number has been changed since installing Sky Broadband Ultrafast

My landline phone number was changed after installing Sky Broadband Ultrafast and Pay as you Talk. I want to revert to my previous number as important agencies use this number to contact me

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: My landline phone number has been changed since installing Sky Broadband Ultrafast

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fred806 wrote:
My landline phone number was changed after installing Sky Broadband Ultrafast and Pay as you Talk. I want to revert to my previous number as important agencies use this number to contact me

If you switchd to Sky from another provider that may not be possible as per Sky's own website:

Your phone number

Most of the time you can keep your existing number when moving to Sky Talk. Just let us know your existing number and your phone provider when placing your order.

If we can’t transfer your number or you want a new one, you’ll get an email or letter with your new number.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Fred806
Topic Author

Re: My landline phone number has been changed since installing Sky Broadband Ultrafast

Thanks for your reply. My subscription to Sky was through Currys, and the question of landline numbers were not mentioned, so I never had the opportunity  to indicate my choice to retain my number. Is there anything I can now do yo have it changed back?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Fred806  Unlikely at the point you will get it back.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Fred806
Topic Author

Thanks for your response GD1,  sad about that. Now I will have to go through hassle of letting all my contacts know my new number.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Fred806 

Unfortunately unless you stipulate that at time of arranging the order it can't be done. Your old number will have dropped into a big pot of (now) available numbers and eventually it'll be reallocated to someone else. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion