Discussion topic: Landline isn't working

This message was authored by Hansa66 This message was authored by: Hansa66

Landline isn't working

my mother in laws landline is not working. 

She is the account holder, 66 years old, the account holder. 

Initially believing the phone was old and faulty, we replaced it.  That also didn't work. 

So we tried yet another replacement phone, again it didn't work. 

I followed Sky help guides, there's no Voice light lit up on the router. I plugged the phone cable into the router, also tried putting it directly into the main phone socket (without microfilter),  and tried another master phone socket, no microfilter. 

Nothing worked.  I've run the online tests and it's not recognised any issue. 

All Replies

This message was authored by JimM1 This message was authored by: JimM1

Re: Landline isn't working

@Hansa66 If there has been no change to the phone package/broadband, then the 4th led is not lit.

It still plugs in were it was before. Do you still have broadband working? To correct this you need to call sky and inform them broadband working, but phone line not. They will need to send an engineer to check.

I have had this before no telephone line, my phone displayed check line because it was a dect phone, but it cleared itself after a few days before engineer arrived, some sort of software glitch no doubt? If your broadband is also down with the phone, then you have a line fault.

Call sky if you have sky mobile on 150 to report, else help on sky, need further help and it should display the number you need to call....

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion