Discussion topic: Landline telephone no longer working

This message was authored by ej2k3 This message was authored by: ej2k3

Landline telephone no longer working

Hi, like a few other queries already on here, my landline telephone isn't working.

It hasn't been working for a couple of weeks now but there was an issue nearby with a BT box so I waited in case it was related but I believe that is now resolved and my phone is still off.

The phone itself says "check line", there's no dial tone and I'm unable to make or receive calls.

I've done all the checks (including Sky's online checks, which all come back as ok).  I've also tried another phone socket and telephone wire but it's still the same. I got a friend to phone the number who said it rings then goes to voicemail, but we don't get the call at our end. Broadband is on and no issues with that. Any help appreciated.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Landline telephone no longer working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ej2k3 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed. This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
ej2k3
Topic Author

Thank you @caesarome, much appreciated 😊

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Just a quick note, if the messsging team don't contact you before 7pm this evening (they will post here when they have sent you the chat invite) then it will not be until the morning.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

ej2k3
Topic Author

This has now been resolved. It was an external fault with the line. Thanks everyone for your help.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion