Discussion topic: Landline "Line in use" when trying to make any calls

This message was authored by Aiden1 This message was authored by: Aiden1

Landline "Line in use" when trying to make any calls

My Grandparents have had issues with their landline when trying to make phonecalls since Sunday. There is a dial tone initially however, when you dial a number it doesn't ring but instead instantly beeps and says "line in use" on the phones screen. The line is most definitely not in use as I'm holding the phone I'm ringing from and to in either hand. It is also tempermental with recieving calls, sometimes I can ring their landline and others times it says "caller busy" when the line isn't in use.

I was unsure whether this was due to me changing their sky router on Monday with an identical new one from sky but I have set it up exactly how the original sky engineer did and also my granddad informed me that they had this issue the evening before I swapped the routers anyway. I've also tried many other mastersocket options as they currently have very old socket adapters but using the new one also did not resolve the problem. Is this a problem with Sky Talk or their actual landline phone? I've tried all sorts of resets of their phones and the good old switch off and on of everything etc

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Re: Landline "Line in use" when trying to make any calls

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I’ve escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion