Discussion topic: How do I increase the number of rings from 7 to give my elderly wife and myself time to gry to the p

This message was authored by william+r.+mckim This message was authored by: william+r.+mckim

How do I increase the number of rings from 7 to give my elderly wife and myself time to gry to the p

Our telephone rings 7 times and then rings off which means that we cannot get to the phone in time to answer since we aee both in our 90s.please help us to increase the numder of rings.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: How do I increase the number of rings from 7 to give my elderly wife and myself time to gry to t

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't think the number of rings can be changed, I'm afraid.

Perhaps a cordless phone would work well for you? The base station plugs into the wall socket (or your broadband Hub, if you have internet calls) but you can place the handset wherever you want it, which might make it easier to pick up the call in time?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: How do I increase the number of rings from 7 to give my elderly wife and myself time to gry to t

Unless, you have a messgaing service or your handset has an integrated answering machine (the Sky 1571 service if you have it enabled kicks in at 4 rings I think), the phone will continue to ring, unless you answer it or the other party hangs up the call.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@william+r.+mckim the post by @lettice has reminded me of a couple of previous posts - one where Sky said that a ringing time of 30 seconds was normal and another where a fault was found.

In case it's the result of a fault, I would suggest reporting it to Sky and they'll be able to carry out some line checks. 

We can ask Sky's messaging team to contact you here for a private online chat so that you can do that, if you wish?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion