Discussion topic: Connecting my Bt phone to receive calls

This message was authored by Malseyepad This message was authored by: Malseyepad

Connecting my Bt phone to receive calls

I have Bt wireless phones and they will not connect to sky talk

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Connecting my Bt phone to receive calls

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Malseyepad it may help if you can tell us if your Sky Broadband Hub has a 'Voice' light alongside the other lights on the front, and if it's lit. And if it IS lit, what colour the light is - amber or green.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

What's the background to this, please? New to Sky? Worked before? Do you have Sky VOIP? 

Malseyepad
Topic Author
This message was authored by Malseyepad This message was authored by: Malseyepad

We had Bt digital phones, provided by Bt. We have moved everything to sky broadband, sky talk and my mobile, all working fine except for our phones, we are pensioners and am not really good with technology, so we are not sure where to put the phones. Do we need to get new phones, or will the Bt phones connect to the sky. I phoned Bt but they did not help me, just said not sure if the phones would work. Thank you all 

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Do you know if you are on VOIP or normal calls? That would make a difference in where your phone needs to be plugged in. 

And are your services all active with Sky?

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Malseyepad it may help if you can tell us if your Sky Broadband Hub has a 'Voice' light alongside the other lights on the front, and if it's lit. And if it IS lit, what colour the light is - amber or green.

Malseyepad
Topic Author

thank you all for your advice and patience, we have found out that the phones we have are not compatible , so we off to buy new ones.

rnefards Marilyn

Sorry you've got to buy new phones @Malseyepad . Just for our future reference, do you happen to know if, when ypu were with BT, you had their Digital Voice service?

Malseyepad
Topic Author

@Mark39  Yes we did have the Bt digital phones, which would not connect to our new provider, 

we however brought a set of phones, and they connected immediately we plugged them into the sky box. Bt we're not very helpful when I called them, it took 2 calls to be told we could not use the Bt phones we had, supplied by them. Regards Marilyn

Glad you're working ok now @Malseyepad . Thank you for the information. 

This message was authored by G-Bizzle This message was authored by: G-Bizzle

Hello @Malseyepad I am having this exact same issue right now. Could I please ask what phones you used to solve the issue?

Kindest regards.

@G-Bizzle any standard phone should be fine. A cordless phone might be a suitable alternative, just not one designed to work with BT's digital voice service. Panasonic have a good range. 

This message was authored by G-Bizzle This message was authored by: G-Bizzle

@Mark39 thanks for the info.

This message was authored by Purpleteen This message was authored by: Purpleteen

Hi,  I have a similar question. I have just bought a BT phone which sits on a base unit. The base unit has a connector cable which would normally go into the wall socket.

Is it THAT lead that goes into the Sky Q box and the phone will work as usual, ie charging on it's base then using the phone wirelessly? Or do I need a different type of phone that has a lead directly from the phone itself that goes into the sky box? It's not clear how I set it up.

I do have Sky pay as you talk, VOIP set up on my account.

@Purpleteen yes, you use the same connector cable that you would have previously plugged unto the wall socket. Just plug it into the Hub instead.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion