Discussion topic: Cant dial a specific landline number

This message was authored by brianholt This message was authored by: brianholt

Cant dial a specific landline number

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Morning all, i am trying to make a call to one specific uk number which is a domestic sky customer - my parents. We are both with sky and the number when i call says not currently unavailable. Been like this for months. If i call via a mobile its fine. Both our landline phones can make and recieve calls from other parties fine. We both use sky internet calls. Any ideas on how to resolve please ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like you I am a fellow customer trying to help so please provide as much info as possible
Sky Q : Sky Gigafast : Sky Talk Anytime : Panasonic JZ2000 OLED

Best Answers
This message was authored by delboy14 This message was authored by: delboy14 Answer

Re: Cant dial a specific landline number

Contacted Sky, they have done a fix, they told me around 60,000 of their customers were on a different'switch' they told me they hav3 done a temp fix and I shouldn't have anymore problems.  The problem only occurred when I dailed  a landline who were also on sky talk. It is fixed hope it's fixed for everyone now.  Will add Sky kept me updated regularly by phone.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you.

This message was authored by delboy14 This message was authored by: delboy14

This happening to me any idea how to fix it please

brianholt
Topic Author

@Greenfingers001 although sky through the escalation chat said it would be referred onto the network team nothing has happened ? Still the same fault

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like you I am a fellow customer trying to help so please provide as much info as possible
This message was authored by delboy14 This message was authored by: delboy14

Sky Q, ultra fast and sky talk

This message was authored by PeteSS This message was authored by: PeteSS

Having the same issue, any simple fixes to this, any solutions offered by Sky?

This message was authored by delboy14 This message was authored by: delboy14 Answer

Contacted Sky, they have done a fix, they told me around 60,000 of their customers were on a different'switch' they told me they hav3 done a temp fix and I shouldn't have anymore problems.  The problem only occurred when I dailed  a landline who were also on sky talk. It is fixed hope it's fixed for everyone now.  Will add Sky kept me updated regularly by phone.

This message was authored by PeteSS This message was authored by: PeteSS

In the end I was told that my IP address had changed, and a reset of the router (switch off for at least 15 mins from mains) did the trick

brianholt
Topic Author

@delboy14 thanks for letting me know. I heard nothing from sky but all working now.

This message was authored by HBBB This message was authored by: HBBB

Just like @brianholt back in Jan 2022 we could not get through to elderly parent's landline (Sky to Sky phones). "Number currently unavailable". Eventually found we could get through on mobile. Was this issue supposed to be fixed?

Also the bot on the Accessibility no is positively obstructive and even if you get past it they have very long wait times to answer.

brianholt
Topic Author

@HBBB Yes its supposedly fixed. I would report it as a fault to Sky

@brianholt What's the best way to report a fault? Have already sent a complaint.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@HBBBThe quickest way to report this fault to Sky is to call them and report it.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

@brianholt 

Latest theory is that it's something to do with Talk Shield. I've put us on mum's Star List and put her on our Star List just in case

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion