Discussion topic: Booking a sky engineer

This message was authored by RRGW1931 This message was authored by: RRGW1931

Booking a sky engineer

How do I book a sky engineer online? Seem to go round in circles and refers me back to ringing sky is there anyway I can book without ringing sky ? 

Best Answers
This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24 Answer

Re: Booking a sky engineer

After speaking with the customer and running some tests we have found an external line issue and raised this to BT Openreach who will send an engineer out to resolve the issue. It was nice speaking with you and thank you for escalating 🙂

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RRGW1931  If you could advise why you need to book an engineer the forum may be able to point you in the right direction.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

RRGW1931
Topic Author

The phone has been silent fo over a week, the master socket was knocked when moving furniture,broadband ok have checked leads ok when rung from a mobile the mobile rings once and comes up call ended the landline stays silent. Can use landline to ring out but sounds like an audio snow storm. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@RRGW1931  I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it works https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite or blue chat bubble.

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

Be reassured the email & message is from Sky and your details are safe and secure.
If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox, Chrome etc.

I would also recommend that if not already on, that you turn email/private message notifications on to avoid missing any alerts

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent RRGW1931 an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24 Answer

After speaking with the customer and running some tests we have found an external line issue and raised this to BT Openreach who will send an engineer out to resolve the issue. It was nice speaking with you and thank you for escalating 🙂

RRGW1931
Topic Author

Yes it has been sorted this end, an Openreach engineer came yesterday did a few tests somewhere on the external line disappeared for a few hours upon his return the landline was functioning ok. Thank you to the sky advisor who referred the matter to Openreach.

This message was authored by DaveyB2 This message was authored by: DaveyB2

I have been referred to open reach as well how long did you have to wait for the engineer to come?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@DaveyB2 wrote:

I have been referred to open reach as well how long did you have to wait for the engineer to come?

@DaveyB2 

Openreach don't work on individual domestic faults at weekends. Their target fix time is 2 full working days from when they've been notified. 

The below link explains the Ofcom agreed auto compensation scheme which Sky operates for when there is a TOTAL loss of Sky Broadband or Sky Talk.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/auto-compensation

If you have a total loss of service and it isn’t fixed after two full WORKING days from when the fault is first reported to Sky, you will become eligible for it. It’s applied 30 days after the fault has been repaired and will come in the form of a credit appearing on your Sky account.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion