Discussion topic: Phone line down

This message was authored by greenjanner This message was authored by: greenjanner

Phone line down

We had a storm two nights ago and had lightning strikes,

. Since then we have not been able to make or receive phone calls. This is clearly the result of the storm damaging the line somewhere. None of the things thatSky suggests works.

Can someone please assist?

This message was authored by greenjannerThis message was authored by: greenjanner UNREAD

‎02 Mar 2024 04:50 PM

We had a storm two nights ago and there were lightning strikes nearby that knocked out our power for a couple of hours, that was restored. I didn't know until today that the phone line is not working and it is not possible to make or receive calls. Ihave done all the things that Sky suggests. It is clearly a fault caused by the lightning.

pleaae can someone assist?

This message was authored by greenjannerThis message was authored by: greenjanner UNREAD

‎02 Mar 2024 04:50 PM

We had a storm two nights ago and there were lightning strikes nearby that knocked out our power for a couple of hours, that was restored. I didn't know until today that the phone line is not working and it is not possible to make or receive calls. Ihave done all the things that Sky suggests. It is clearly a fault caused by the lightning.

pleaae can someone assist?

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Phone line down

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Have you used a mobile to call Sky about this or ran the test here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

You can also run this test via the MySky app.

Let us know how you get on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

First try the simple connection test here, even if your broadband is working normally: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

greenjanner
Topic Author
This message was authored by greenjanner This message was authored by: greenjanner

My broadband is working, that is not my issue. It is the phone that does not work. I ran all the tests.

@Mark39 wrote:

First try the simple connection test here, even if your broadband is working normallyhttps://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-diagnostic-start

greenjanner
Topic Author

Well, I can only repeat that I have run all the tests. 

@greenjanner 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @greenjanner.

greenjanner
Topic Author

Everything that it checks, broadband and wifi is fine

@greenjanner 

You have been sent the help you wanted, so you need to respond via the chat bubble.

greenjanner
Topic Author

The chat line with a Sky Tech. was open but all he did was ask for more information, all of which I provided. It has taken 2 weeks so far and my line is still not operational. All my neighbours who were similarly affected but were not Skype cipustomers had their line repaired a week ago! All I need probably is a new master box where it comes into the house.

the open chat window is no longer open so I can no longer talk to the technician. All in all, I am not a happy customer. Complaint incoming.

@greenjanner wrote:

The chat line with a Sky Tech. was open but all he did was ask for more information, all of which I provided. It has taken 2 weeks so far and my line is still not operational. All my neighbours who were similarly affected but were not Skype cipustomers had their line repaired a week ago! All I need probably is a new master box where it comes into the house.

the open chat window is no longer open so I can no longer talk to the technician. All in all, I am not a happy customer. Complaint incoming.

The chat window remains open for 48 hours. Responses from Sky may not be instant. We can re-escalate, if you wish.

greenjanner
Topic Author

Well, the technician said that it would remain open until the matter was resolved and it was open for nearly two weeks, we were talking regularly, with no progress I should add.

yes,please re escalate

I've flagged your post to Sky again and a Community adviser may be able to help you via private, online messaging later today. Look out for a blue/red chat 'bubble' towards the bottom of the page

Replies from Sky may not be instant, so check back from time to time for updates.

The chat window remains open for 48 hours. After that time it closes automatically, even if the chat isn't concluded.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, we did leave the chat open and then explained we needed to take further actions but there was no reply on that chat in over 48 hours so it auto closed. 

We did have another chat open now with @greenjanner which we have engaged with. If you want to respond there, we can continue the discussion. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion