Discussion topic: Activating my phone line

This message was authored by Ells This message was authored by: Ells

Activating my phone line

I switched to YouFibre before Christmas and when we left Sky they deactivated our phone line. We need our phone line activated again so that YouFibre can port our number across to them. I need to talk to someone at Sky about doing this.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Activating my phone line

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

So far as I'm aware, even if Sky were to reactivate your old line for you (I think it could only be done by you signing up to a broadband/phone subscription which would be pointless) they wouldn't be able to retrieve your old number.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ells  I'm afraid you're not talking to Sky customer services, I also doubt they can simply reactivate your line just to port a nunber, it's too late for that to happen.  You've lost your number now as Youfibre should have requested the port at the time they setup your service.

Once a line is deactivated the number it used to have will be recycled and returned to the number pool, it can't be retrieved.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

Once a provider has ceased the service they cannot recover the number by turning the line back on, it would be a new number only

your new provider should have applied to transfer the number in December when the service was switched and if not had 31 days to cease the service and reorder with a port request to recover the number as per ofcoms new guidence

as it now match the number is now gone and most likely waiting to be reused by the original owner of the number

Ells
Topic Author
This message was authored by Ells This message was authored by: Ells

Thank you everyone, have now sorted it and have a working phone line.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion